Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6th place and going to the Veg: BYU vs Utah bowl game thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    It's a shame the PAC 12 didn't make a more interesting matchup for Utah that would garner some national attention.

lol @ ute fans
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

lol @ ute fans
      So dumb. Bowls are useless, unless the team is in the playoff, or you get a great match-up that garners attention. This is perfect for the uofutah: big stage, lots of attention, ABC on Saturday afternoon. What better way to showcase the program.

But they are afraid.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        It's a shame the PAC 12 didn't make a more interesting matchup for Utah that would garner some national attention.
        I'm sure that Miami matchup in El Paso would have really hauled in the press! Cameras everywhere!
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          I'm sure that Miami matchup in El Paso would have really hauled in the press! Cameras everywhere!
          You under estimate the country's interest in the Battle for the U.
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            Yeah, but how many of them are East Coast media?

Comment

• One of my favs:

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                One of my favs:
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Anyone know if the teams are headed to the Republican debates tonight as part of the festivities?
                  I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                    One of my favs:

Is that the "piano guy"?
                    I intend to live forever.
                    So far, so good.
                    --Steven Wright

Comment

• Last piece of the Vegas Bowl is in place. A good friend got me a couple of tickets at cost through BYU. $95 each for nose bleed corner (section 311). I might try to trade up when I get there, but these are probably fine.

Comment

• I've noticed that this is a very quiet rivalry week. Utes are too busy crying about having to play BYU. And BYU too busy crying about their Coaching search.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          I've noticed that this is a very quiet rivalry week. Utes are too busy crying about having to play BYU. And BYU too busy crying about their Coaching search.
                          That's a good observation. I think the usual Ute hate for BYU has been thrown off its game by the departure of Bronco, who is usually the focal point of the game week ire. Also, BYU fans are pretty concerned about the coaching situation, which is admittedly much more interesting than bantering w utah fans in comments sections of BYU articles.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• It could be because I havent seen too many Utah games this year, but I wouldnt be able to tell you about the playing abilities of any ute beyond The Giraffe, the Jersey-Shore-Spelled-Name guy, the Coveyback, the injured RB, and the Skier-cum-Kicker. The hatred of Rivalry week really has been displaced by Ute-disdain and Cougar-distraction. You might say it's the least mean spirited of the decade. Or the most loving.

In related news, the local Animal Shelter conducted an animal preference exercise. The dogs chose Utah by a slight margin. But the cats-- they went for the Cougars 100%.

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to the game. It should be a memorable Saturday afternoon in LES South with my fellow Cougar fans.

:rockon1:
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                                I'm really looking forward to the game. It should be a memorable Saturday afternoon in LES South with my fellow Cougar fans.

:rockon1:
                                I hope you are right, but I think that Bronco is going to be dominated once again by Whit and the Utes.

Comment

Working...
                                X