Trigger warnings, safe spaces, and fascism on college campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    This guy says that when he came out as gay liberals were incredibly loving and accepting and celebrating his individuality and supporting his rights. But when he came out as a conservative, liberals, including most of his friends, shunned him, tried to impose conversion therapy, made threats, questioned his morality and sanity, issued hate mail, etc.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/im-a-ga...-conservative/
    Yeah, Bill Maher is getting a taste of this as well...

Maybe Bill will leave HBO and join Fox news as a commentator.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Maybe Bill will leave HBO and join Fox news as a commentator.
      What a really cool tactic. Color whomever you disagree with as a hateful racist Islamaphobe so that you refusal to debate him is honorable.

As a caveat, I have not listened to Milo, so I don't know if he is a hateful Islamaphobe, but this trend of ignoring whomever disagrees with you is not a productive course. Way to go, intolerant Left!
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        What a really cool tactic. Color whomever you disagree with as a hateful racist Islamaphobe so that you refusal to debate him is honorable.

As a caveat, I have not listened to Milo, so I don't know if he is a hateful Islamaphobe, but this trend of ignoring whomever disagrees with you is not a productive course. Way to go, intolerant Left!
        Milo is gay (with black boy friends), jewish, and a conservative (or rather "alt-right" whatever the hell that is)...

(He is spot on about Kaepernick.)

He is making the alt-left's heads explode. I am guessing he will sell a lot of books.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Milo is gay (with black boy friends), jewish, and a conservative (or rather "alt-right" whatever the hell that is)...

He is making the alt-left's heads explode. I am guessing he will sell a lot of books.
          why do you keep defending trumpism as a libertarian?

Comment

" He inputs all of his friends into a spreadsheet, with columns for attractiveness, intelligence, income, and politics (listed either “pass” or “fail”). One column lists whether he should hold, long, or short them, like stocks. Many of the people he surrounds himself with are paid staff. All, besides a female publicist and a gay assistant in New York, are straight men. “I don’t generally employ gays. I don’t trust them. They don’t show up on time. They don’t do the work. They get all queeny with drama,” he says. “I like straight white men. They do the work. I like black guys for my love life, straight white males as employees, and girls as drinking buddies.” He doesn’t drink anymore"
            What a good guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
              What a good guy
              Ummm, I don't think that video was so bad. I have never read anything by this guy. Can you or someone tell me what I should look at to understand the vitriolic reaction he seems to elicit?
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

You realize this is really ironic coming from a Mormon. Probably you don't; I'm sure the irony is lost on you.

Chadwick Moore says that he's conservative because he needs fellow travelers who believe in free speech. That's basically the only reason he calls himself conservative. Orwell must be howling with laughter someplace.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  Ummm, I don't think that video was so bad. I have never read anything by this guy. Can you or someone tell me what I should look at to understand the vitriolic reaction he seems to elicit?
                  I am talking about the quote I posted underneath

Comment

ok, so he is an odd dude. But I know quite a few people who have preferences like that. Surely that isnt why people riot when he comes to town to speak? I was not trying to challenge you, necessarily, but I am trying to understadn why this guy is so despised by so many democrats and liberal figures.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

You realize this is really ironic coming from a Mormon. Probably you don't; I'm sure the irony is lost on you.

Chadwick Moore says that he's conservative because he needs fellow travelers who believe in free speech. That's basically the only reason he calls himself conservative. Orwell must be howling with laughter someplace.
                      Condescension abounds, and willful ignoring my own statements fulfills your own legacy of hyperbole and alt left conduct.

You have read my criticism of Church tactics which sometime resemble Islam or the Alt Left on matters of dissent. If I were observant, perhaps your "irony" would be well-placed, perhaps not. Many observants champion openness but that doesn't play into your binary characterization of the complex personalities of real human beings. The Alt Left prefers caricatures.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I would agree with creekster that many of us who are unfamiliar with him other than he was the reason the Alt Left rioted at Cal-Berkeley, wonder what makes him so offensive. You have pointed out he is a peculiar individual.

Comment

I really like reading Mr. Scahill's stuff. He is one of the founding editors of The Intercept_ and is a very thoughtful journalist and author. But I'm scratching my head about this announcement he made. Seems wrong-headed. Maher was very critical of his decision to pull out; and I agree with Maher... there is nothing wrong with having a open debate and using it to expose his "hateful, anti-immigrant campaign" if it is that.

Also, I think Scahill uses a bit of hyperbole when he declares that Maher's show is an "large, important platform". lol.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Did you set that up just so you could make a point about Mormonism? Be honest.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I would agree with creekster that many of us who are unfamiliar with him other than he was the reason the Alt Left rioted at Cal-Berkeley, wonder what makes him so offensive. You have pointed out he is a peculiar individual.
                              Milo goes out of his way to be offensive and provocative. I think his intent is to be the funny and very offensive messenger of the Breitbart/Bannon trifecta of nationalism, populism, and Judeo-Christian values. He openly scorns feminists, lesbians, other gays, liberals, academia, and is brutal on Islam.

If Milo weren't a gay Jew there is no way he could get away with stuff he says. He gives speeches like "Would you rather your child had cancer or feminism?" and "Birth control makes women crazy and fat."

Comment

• Originally posted by TexTechCoug View Post
                                Milo goes out of his way to be offensive and provocative. I think his intent is to be the funny and very offensive messenger of the Breitbart/Bannon trifecta of nationalism, populism, and Judeo-Christian values. He openly scorns feminists, lesbians, other gays, liberals, academia, and is brutal on Islam.

If Milo weren't a gay Jew there is no way he could get away with stuff he says. He gives speeches like "Would you rather your child had cancer or feminism?" and "Birth control makes women crazy and fat."
                                Kinda Millennial Rush Limbaugh then?

Comment

Working...
                                X