Trigger warnings, safe spaces, and fascism on college campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I also love the guy who says "She's a professor" to egg her on and then she repeats the line a couple more times.
    I think she lost the crowd when she screamed, "THIS IS F***'N HATE!!!"

Given this is NYU, one of the liberal hell holes in the country, I am thinking she won't be fired for this little lecture of NYPD. Instead by the end of the week I expect she will be asked to be dean of the college.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      I think she lost the crowd when she screamed, "THIS IS F***'N HATE!!!"

Given this is NYU, one of the liberal hell holes in the country, I am thinking she won't be fired for this little lecture of NYPD. Instead by the end of the week I expect she will be asked to be dean of the college.
      I can't wait to hear how their idiot mayor spins this. Have you heard the list of items you can be arrested for and yet if an undocumented he doesn't feel Ice needs to know?

Drunk driving ain't no big deal. Neither is larceny. I think a lot of sexual assaults are also considered not bad enough and he is a lib. I would think he would at least throw the book at people who commit crimes against women???

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
        I'm a professor, how dare you!

"That's coming from a professor."

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Maybe it's not the students that are the snowflakes
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
            I also love the guy who says "She's a professor" to egg her on and then she repeats the line a couple more times.
            That was amusing; totally egging her on for his own entertainment.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              I can't wait to hear how their idiot mayor spins this. Have you heard the list of items you can be arrested for and yet if an undocumented he doesn't feel Ice needs to know?

Drunk driving ain't no big deal. Neither is larceny. I think a lot of sexual assaults are also considered not bad enough and he is a lib. I would think he would at least throw the book at people who commit crimes against women???
              The current state of political polemic is us vs. them, with rational arguments being exchanged depending who is in power. Neither side has the high road which makes it one big comedy shore, amateur hour that is.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                  I'm a professor, how dare you!

Holy crap! That is awesome.

Somewhere in Missouri, Professor Click is breathing a huge sigh of relief. "Phew! Finally, someone crazier than me."
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/0...campus-speech/

Nothing says “anti-fascism” like demanding that the state physically attack your political opponents.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• It is tough being a student holding down a job and having to go protesting... Professors need to cut these students a break and not give any grades below a C:

“Like, the way the courses are set up. You know, we’re paying for a service. We’re paying for our attendance here. We need to be able to get what we need in a way that we can actually consume it.” He pauses. “Because I’m dealing with having been arrested on campus, or having to deal with the things that my family are going through because of larger systems—having to deal with all of that, I can’t produce the work that they want me to do. But I understand the material, and I can give it to you in different ways.
                      [...]
                      “A lot of us worked alongside community members in Cleveland who were protesting. But we needed to organize on campus as well—it wasn’t sustainable to keep driving forty minutes away. A lot of us started suffering academically.” In 1970, Oberlin had modified its grading standards to accommodate activism around the Vietnam War and the Kent State shootings, and Bautista had hoped for something similar. More than thirteen hundred students signed a petition calling for the college to eliminate any grade lower than a C for the semester, but to no avail. “Students felt really unsupported in their endeavors to engage with the world outside Oberlin,” she told me.
                      http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...-arts-colleges

Protesting is hard work!
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        It is tough being a student holding down a job and having to go protesting... Professors need to cut these students a break and not give any grades below a C:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...-arts-colleges

Protesting is hard work!
                        The larger issue, to me, is that they see their education as a product to consume, rather than a series of skills to master and content to learn and synthesize with the skillsets taught to them. The industrialization of education gives me hypertension.
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          The larger issue, to me, is that they see their education as a product to consume, rather than a series of skills to master and content to learn and synthesize with the skillsets taught to them. The industrialization of education gives me hypertension.
                          Agreed.
                          We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            When I was in college, I learned as much outside the classroom as I did inside.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                              When I was in college, I learned as much outside the classroom as I did inside.
                              But not because your class load was reduced so you could continue your non-class learning. In fact, how to manage your class load was probably a key thing you learned.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• This guy says that when he came out as gay liberals were incredibly loving and accepting and celebrating his individuality and supporting his rights. But when he came out as a conservative, liberals, including most of his friends, shunned him, tried to impose conversion therapy, made threats, questioned his morality and sanity, issued hate mail, etc.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/im-a-ga...-conservative/
                                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                                X