Trigger warnings, safe spaces, and fascism on college campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Well, the Berkeley peaceful protests against free-speech is doing wonders for Milo Yiannopoulos' up coming new book... thanks, in part, to all the free exposure he has been getting on the national media.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...2740-overnight

All because Berkeley decided to create a "safe space" for their students and cancel his event.

I saw him interviewed on Tucker Carlson's show last night. Not what I expected from a right wing, white supremicist, Nazi loon. Gay, from Europe with black boyfriends.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      I saw him interviewed on Tucker Carlson's show last night. Not what I expected from a right wing, white supremicist, Nazi loon. Gay, from Europe with black boyfriends.
      That's it. Where's a car I can burn?
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        That's it. Where's a car I can burn?
        Yea, where is the outrage from the LGBT community? They should get a petition going to kick Cal. out of the PAC12.

Comment

• I'm a professor, how dare you!

Comment

• So I hear that the Ute Basketball team met before the game last night and were advised to tread carefully at Cal, because they represent a conservative state, and may face danger from fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              I'm a professor, how dare you!

Whew! That was something.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

"F you NYPD!" Yeah!

BTW, is she still a professor?
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Hey, the tea party acted the same way at their protests (heard that on either CNN or FOX). Do you remember how many libs they kept from speaking? How many cops they cursed at? How many citizens they kept from using the transportation system?

Remember the media warned us these types of protests and civil disobedience would happen when HRC got elected.

Comment

• Wow, one of my new favorite rants. There are some great lines here.

"I am a professor!"

"This is hate. These are fucking assholes!"

"God-fucking-dammit!"

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      Wow, one of my new favorite rants. There are some great lines here.

"I am a professor!"

"This is hate. These are fucking assholes!"

"God-fucking-dammit!"

The cops can't do it and I realize I am a old, crotchety, white, privileged guy, but I would have loved to hear a cop say, "well whoopty f'en do, bitch."

Comment

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I also love the guy who says "She's a professor" to egg her on and then she repeats the line a couple more times.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                            The cops can't do it and I realize I am a old, crotchety, white, privileged guy, but I would have loved to hear a cop say, "well whoopty f'en do, bitch."
                            "And, that, children, was how the February Riots started."
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                              You know I was talking to a colleague earlier about some peers we had way back when. They were ethically challenged to say the least and downright crooks in some of our eyes.

It is really too bad because they couldn't have represented more than 5% of those I have known through the years, but they give a horrible name.

Same in your field. I am sure this twit represents a very small percentage of your peers.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                "And, that, children, was how the February Riots started."
                                Excellent. That is why I don't attend protests. Crotchety and no self control.

Comment

Working...
                                X