Trigger warnings, safe spaces, and fascism on college campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Yeah, all we got if we won in little league is not yelled at and maybe a handshake. In college I was too damn busy working multiple jobs to cry about who was president.

I am hoping that Trump keeps Obamacare and expands medicare so I am well taken care of in my old age. Then these young, healthy college students will have something to actually cry about when they join the workforce and pay out the yin-yang to pay my medicare and help me cover my Obamacare costs.
    My guess is they vote to have you means tested right out of medicare

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      My guess is they vote to have you means tested right out of medicare
      No, these liberal dummies don't vote... Case in point, Colin Kaepernick:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That was great.

I am guessing imanihonjin and co. are just fine with Kaep not voting.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Yeah, all we got if we won in little league is not yelled at and maybe a handshake. In college I was too damn busy working multiple jobs to cry about who was president.

I am hoping that Trump keeps Obamacare and expands medicare so I am well taken care of in my old age. Then these young, healthy college students will have something to actually cry about when they join the workforce and pay out the yin-yang to pay my medicare and help me cover my Obamacare costs.
          We did not practice the participation mentality in our household. Our father challenged to achieve certain times standards for national rankings. Those who achieved the standards got to go to Disneyland, those who did not stayed home and did chores. I stayed home doing chores, while my one sibling achieved that. He enforced the rule, so we learned those who failed, became laborers in the field, literally.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

They will when they have jobs and the money is coming out of their pockets and not mom and dad's or a loan from the government.

I know, I know Colin makes lots of money. He makes so much for doing nothing but playing a game, what the heck does he care?

Comment

Steven A. Smith is one of my least favorite commentators on TV. But he nailed that one.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Steven A. Smith is one of my least favorite commentators on TV. But he nailed that one.
                Totally agree with both statements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  You folks are killing me.

Civil unrest/public protests/civil disobedience/etc. can be good or bad depending on the circumstances. But they are by definition a progressive act. The original Tea Party was carried out by radical liberals. The conservatives at the time were loyal to the crown. You can point out a small-scale exception here and there, but I challenge you to name a single time in history when conservatives staged massive public protests like we have seen in the past few days. Had Clinton won they would have bitched on social media and talk radio, but they would not have marched in the streets and asked to skip exams because their candidate lost. No way.
                  Just so I'm clear, where do you put the Bundy clan and their fellow demonstrators on the political spectrum? I'd label them a bunch of conservative wackos, but I'm not as politically astute as you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakoma View Post
                    Just so I'm clear, where do you put the Bundy clan and their fellow demonstrators on the political spectrum? I'd label them a bunch of conservative wackos, but I'm not as politically astute as you.
                    Small-scale exception. Referenced in my post.

You will notice that the Bundys have repeatedly urged for large-scale demonstrations, etc in support of their cause. This was especially true in Montana. They thought they were starting a big movement. But everybody shook their heads and ignored them.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• My patience for the protesters is starting to wear thin. At first, I was somewhat sympathetic because they were shocked at the election results, as was I. But day after day with no end in sight and no specific goal-- do they think if the protests get bigger Trump will submit his resignation? Do they think even if Trump quit, the job would bypass the VP Elect, the Speaker of the House, etc, and go to Hillary? What exactly do they want? What exactly do they think a democracy is?

I'm afraid that the SJWs out there are used to living in an enviroment where they can restrict their ideological opponents so much, they dont recognize a democratically elected victor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        My patience for the protesters is starting to wear thin. At first, I was somewhat sympathetic because they were shocked at the election results, as was I. But day after day with no end in sight and no specific goal-- do they think if the protests get bigger Trump will submit his resignation? Do they think even if Trump quit, the job would bypass the VP Elect, the Speaker of the House, etc, and go to Hillary? What exactly do they want? What exactly do they think a democracy is?

I'm afraid that the SJWs out there are used to living in an enviroment where they can restrict their ideological opponents so much, they dont recognize a democratically elected victor.
                        I think they want a redo... They were too lazy to vote because they thought Hillary had it in the bag.

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakoma View Post
                          I thought all those conservative wackos were acquitted for that Oregon thing... relatively peaceful except for the cop shooting the one.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I thought all those conservative wackos were acquitted for that Oregon thing... relatively peaceful except for the cop shooting the one.
                            I really hate when criminal defendants get a jury of their peers.

Comment

• Just some peaceful protestors, I am sure... Nothing to see here.

Anti-Trump message painted on Hillsborough home as house next door burns

A message regarding President-elect Donald Trump was scrawled on a home just moments before the home next-door was set on fire in what appears to be an attempt to incite tensions following the 2016 presidential election.

Hillsborough County Fire-Rescue crews got a call about a fire around 1:20 a.m., officials said.

When they arrived at the home on Bryan Road in the Mango area, it was on fire.

Someone spray-painted the words “F@#& Trump. Burn Everything” on the home. An arrow pointed to the home next-door, which was set on fire.

The letters BLM were also painted on the home, which likely stand for the group Black Lives Matter.
                              [...]
                              http://wfla.com/2016/11/14/anti-trum...xt-door-burns/
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                                My patience for the protesters is starting to wear thin. At first, I was somewhat sympathetic because they were shocked at the election results, as was I. But day after day with no end in sight and no specific goal-- do they think if the protests get bigger Trump will submit his resignation? Do they think even if Trump quit, the job would bypass the VP Elect, the Speaker of the House, etc, and go to Hillary? What exactly do they want? What exactly do they think a democracy is?

They figured these types of protests have worked well in getting university presidents to resign (see: Missouri), so, therefore, if the protest hard enough and long enough, they will eventually get their way (Trump resigns and Hillary swoops in)

Comment

Working...
                                X