Trigger warnings, safe spaces, and fascism on college campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    If Trump lost, I think you would seen the same kind of unrest you're seeing by his supporters.
    Not a chance.

Comment

If Trump lost, I think you would seen the same kind of unrest you're seeing by his supporters.
      No way. Conservatives are far less prone to public demonstrations. Even the nutty conservatives.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        No way. Conservatives are far less prone to public demonstrations. Even the nutty conservatives.
        His diehard supporters aren't really conservative as much as they are Trump supporters. The Daily Stormer crowd is certainly capable of that shit.

Comment

His diehard supporters aren't really conservative as much as they are Trump supporters. The Daily Stormer crowd is certainly capable of that shit.
          Yes, no kidding... For example, here are a couple of his crazy supporters that are under investigation for their public demonstrations:

Two College Students Under Investigation Over Trump Celebration Victory Lap

Two Babson College students are reportedly in trouble after their idea of Donald Trump victory celebration was too much for some to handle.

According to a Boston Globe report, the two fraternity brothers placed a large Trump flag in the back of a pickup truck and drove through the streets of nearby Wellesley College, a women’s liberal arts college that also happens to be Hillary Clinton’s alma mater.

A brief video of the alleged incident was posted to Facebook on Thursday.

The incident was upsetting to some on the Wellesley campus and reports indicate police were called to put an end to the celebration. Some reports have also popped up online that suggest the men were in fact stopped by police officers and told to leave the campus immediately, or face trespassing charges.

[...]

Wellesley’s Honor Code Council, however, is calling for stronger even punishment and issued a letter asking for the students to be expelled from the college, immediately.

In response to that letter, Babson College officials sent their own letter to students at Wellesley on Friday morning that promised “appropriate actions” are being taken to address the matter.
          http://lawnewz.com/video/two-college...n-victory-lap/

What the hell are these kids thinking taking a victory lap around Clinton's alma mater? They should take their free speech sh*t to some other country, like Russia.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            Yes, no kidding... For example, here are a couple of his crazy supporters that are under investigation for their public demonstrations:

http://lawnewz.com/video/two-college...n-victory-lap/

What the hell are these kids thinking taking a victory lap around Clinton's alma mater? They should take their free speech sh*t to some other country, like Russia.
            There you go, being a right-winger, instead of being concerned with the incoming authoritarian leader, like a libertarian ought to be. . Is Wellesley a public school?
            Last edited by frank ryan; 11-13-2016, 06:06 PM.

Comment

There you go, being a right-winger, instead of being concerned with the incoming authoritarian leader, like a libertarian ought to be. . Is Wellesley a public school?
              Trump actually concerns the sh*t out of me... but not enough to get off my lazy ass to go riot in the streets.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Trump actually concerns the sh*t out of me... but not enough to get off my lazy ass to go riot in the streets.
                I'm not expecting you to. You just don't post about it much at all.

Comment

Maybe some-- after all, there was a strong contingency willing to take up their shitty redneck muskets after Hillary won the rigged election, but the protests wouldn't have the same tenor as these since nobody is scared of a Hillary administration the same way they're scared of a Trump regime.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Maybe some-- after all, there was a strong contingency willing to take up their shitty redneck muskets after Hillary won the rigged election, but the protests wouldn't have the same tenor as these since nobody is scared of a Hillary administration the same way they're scared of a Trump regime.
                    It's worth pointing out Trump was basically encouraging this kind of stuff, should he lose.

Comment

I'm not expecting you to. You just don't post about it much at all.
                      Here is a post... Trump's 60 Minutes interview is concerning to me:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's worth pointing out Trump was basically encouraging this kind of stuff, should he lose.
                        Absolutely. He said he would "leave us in suspense." What a fuckin shithead.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• You folks are killing me.

Civil unrest/public protests/civil disobedience/etc. can be good or bad depending on the circumstances. But they are by definition a progressive act. The original Tea Party was carried out by radical liberals. The conservatives at the time were loyal to the crown. You can point out a small-scale exception here and there, but I challenge you to name a single time in history when conservatives staged massive public protests like we have seen in the past few days. Had Clinton won they would have bitched on social media and talk radio, but they would not have marched in the streets and asked to skip exams because their candidate lost. No way.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

You folks are killing me.

Civil unrest/public protests/civil disobedience/etc. can be good or bad depending on the circumstances. But they are by definition a progressive act. The original Tea Party was carried out by radical liberals. The conservatives at the time were loyal to the crown. You can point out a small-scale exception here and there, but I challenge you to name a single time in history when conservatives staged massive public protests like we have seen in the past few days. Had Clinton won they would have bitched on social media and talk radio, but they would not have marched in the streets and asked to skip exams because their candidate lost. No way.
                            The civil rights era?

Comment

You folks are killing me.

Don't underestimate the ability of rednecks to do something "patriotic" when they feel they've been wronged by the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                Don't underestimate the ability of rednecks to do something "patriotic" when they feel they've been wronged by the government.
                                Yeah, they get up and go to work, even if it's just restocking the children's section at Wal-mart or driving a potato chip truck.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X