• Show
Clear All

• I bet Rik Smits is pissed!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
      http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/s...ker/855944001/

I wonder what IPU says about this change.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

I bet Rik Smits is pissed!
        Next step: get rid of basketball completely because "shooting" is an integral part of the game.
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Next step: get rid of basketball completely because "shooting" is an integral part of the game.
          Can't we just call it something else? Lobbing? How about hucking? Good huck.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

hockey too
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• In Spanish, tirar = to throw & to shoot. It can also mean to fart, when used transitively.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                hockey too
                And then craps.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• University TA ‘Censured’ After Playing A Clip From A Debate About Transgender Pronouns
                  On November 1, Shepherd, who teaches a "language use and writing skills component" tutorial for a larger communications class at Wilfrid Laurier University in Ontario, Canada, played a clip in which University of Toronto professor, Jordan Peterson, debates Nicholas Matte over gender pronouns on the Canadian TV show, "The Agenda."

In the clip, Peterson argues against what he calls "compelled speech" regarding transgender pronouns like "zir" and "xe."

According to Shepherd, she took a completely neutral stance, neither condemning nor applauding Peterson’s position. However, one or more of her approximately 48 students filed a complaint with the school. As a result, Shepherd was censured, and brought in for a meeting with course professor, Dr. Nathan Rambukkana, Dr. Herbert Pimlott, and Adria Joel, Acting Manager of Gendered Violence and Sexual Assault Prevention and Support at the Diversity and Equity Office.
                  http://www.dailywire.com/news/23804/...ign=dwtwitter#
                  One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                  SU

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                    University TA ‘Censured’ After Playing A Clip From A Debate About Transgender Pronouns

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23804/...ign=dwtwitter#
                    That's a crazy story, made worse (in my opinion) by the fact that Ontario has included "gendered violence" in the Canadian Human Rights Code.

Here's the audio from the TA's meeting with her superiors.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Lol. Stupid Canadians.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        That's a crazy story, made worse (in my opinion) by the fact that Ontario has included "gendered violence" in the Canadian Human Rights Code.

Here's the audio from the TA's meeting with her superiors.

Wow. I feel for that TA. I cannot believe that they are actually telling her she did something wrong. It amazes me that it is this same class of intellectual elitists that deride mormonism for being closed-minded and exclusive. Their approach here is shocking both for being anathema to the notion fo a liberal education as well as for its own pretzel logic. Are they trying to educate people, to make them independent thinkers capable of critical thought (and the bozo mis-used the idea of introducing something 'critically') or are they running a day care with blankies for happy nap time?

Wuap, JL, SIEQ, Solon and any others that are in that academic area: is this the environment in which you exist? DO you think this is as wrongheaded as it seems to me? Homeschooling would be better than having to put up with those dopes.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Lol. Stupid Canadians.
                          I wouldn't go that far, I hope. I think he was grossly misapplying the Human Rights Code.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            I wouldn't go that far, I hope. I think he was grossly misapplying the Human Rights Code.
                            No, he is not misapplying the Human Rights Code. It reads as the professor has interpreted it. I've stated before, I am living in your future. This is coming to the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                              No, he is not misapplying the Human Rights Code. It reads as the professor has interpreted it. I've stated before, I am living in your future. This is coming to the US.
                              How does presenting the argument without comment violate that code? It does not violate it as he quoted it, which is what I was relying on. ALthough I would obviously need to defer to your experience and knowledge on this topic.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                                I suppose dispensing with First Amendment rights is possible, at least on college campuses, after the glee in which colleges across the country started up their kangaroo courts, due process concerns be damned, in response to the Obama administration's "Dear Colleague" letter. Who needs freedom of speech when we need to worry about the 1 in 10,000 people that are confused about their gender who also happen to be oversensitive assholes?
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X