X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    That is incredible.

Apparently this is the Cry Closet Creator:

This person's name is Nemo. I use the term "person" because, well....

https://attheu.utah.edu/home-page/hu...u-nemo-miller/
    it’s actually persyn you white hetero cis scum
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      it’s actually persyn you white hetero cis scum
      That write up reads like a caricature. I love the last line:

"The most liberating thing [about graduating] is now, I only answer to myself.”
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Also, I can't quite tell, but maybe the Cry Closet is a joke?
        Haha. If I were them, I would do the same thing: try to pretend it was all a joke.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Utah teen shamed for wearing 'racist' dress to prom, sparking cultural appropriation debate

Keziah Daum is not apologizing for wearing what she calls a "beautiful" Chinese cheongsam dress to her high school prom, despite receiving backlash from thousands of people online calling her a "closet racist" and accusing her of cultural appropriation.

Daum, 18, posted an album of four prom pictures on Twitter on April 22 with the simple caption, "PROM." One of the photos in the album includes Daum crouching down in the traditional Chinese dress, posing with a group of her friends with their hands folded together — a gesture many deemed inappropriate.

It didn't take long for the Internet to respond. As of Monday evening, Daum's post has been retweeted nearly 4,400 times and now she's fielding hundreds of angry comments.

[...]
          http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/201...on-debate.html

What the heck is she thinking? That dress is way to immodest for Utah.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

What the heck is she thinking? That dress is way to immodest for Utah.
            her shoulders are fully covered.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              her shoulders are fully covered.
              if find_string(article, "utah") {
              mock();
              }
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                mock();
                }
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

mock();
                  }
                  https://www.sbs.com.au/news/teen-acc...ese-prom-dress

"I found the dress at a vintage store in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. I was immediately drawn to a beautiful red gown and was thrilled to find a dress with a modest neckline. Since purchasing the dress, I did some research and found various explanations regarding the history of the dress."
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Chronicle article on how right- and left-wing nuts nuts turned one Nebraska student's protest against big government into something ludicrously bigger than that:

https://www.chronicle.com/interactiv...te-of-conflict

Comment

• Originally posted by Armenag View Post
                      Chronicle article on how right- and left-wing nuts nuts turned one Nebraska student's protest against big government into something ludicrously bigger than that:

Wow! That might be the most interesting thing I’ve ever read about the University of Nebraska.

Comment

Chronicle article on how right- and left-wing nuts nuts turned one Nebraska student's protest against big government into something ludicrously bigger than that:

Thanks for posting that.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Wow! That might be the most interesting thing I’ve ever read about the University of Nebraska.
                          lol
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

That article is a great read. Both sides are so stupid and frustrating.

Comment

The University of Utah has installed a cry closet in the library, complete with stuffed animals.

1 week until students start entering the cry closet two at a time.

Comment

A brief(ish) reduction of John Stuart Mill's essay "On Liberty"

https://heterodoxacademy.org/mill/

Comment

Working...
                                X