Trigger warnings, safe spaces, and fascism on college campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I think my favorite mascot in America is the Richland HS Bombers in Richland, Washington - former nuclear processing site for the Manhattan Project. It's got to be one of the most non-PC mascots ever. Logo is a mushroom cloud:

Art - you gonna take this??

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Duh.

Next on the chopping block:

1) New England Patriots (also celebrating colonial heritage)
      2) Oklahoma Sooners (colonized the homelands of native americans)
      3) Texas Longhorns (celebrates the human dominance of a gentle species of animal)
      4) Wyoming Cowboys (all of the above)

This is easy.
      The slope is slippery, but not that slippery. I'd like to think even the most hypersensitive millennial can draw a line between the oppression of aboriginal peoples and the plight of beasts of burden. But maybe not!!
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I think my favorite mascot in America is the Richland HS Bombers in Richland, Washington - former nuclear processing site for the Manhattan Project. It's got to be one of the most non-PC mascots ever. Logo is a mushroom cloud:
        My personal favorite:

YumaCriminals.jpg
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Are the students at the high school in Idaho that's located near the state's psychiatric hospital still known as the Maniacs? If so, bless 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            Are the students at the high school in Idaho that's located near the state's psychiatric hospital still known as the Maniacs? If so, bless 'em.
            California shows no class in naming Adolfo Camarillo's mascot after the Scorpions.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

It's got to be one of the most non-PC mascots ever.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Those are awesome.

Comment

• I was Jordan Peterson’s strongest supporter. Now I think he’s dangerous

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/2018...dangerous.html

"In the end, I am writing this because of his extraordinary rise in visibility, the nature of his growing following and a concern that his ambitions might venture from stardom back to his long-standing interest in politics. I am writing this from a place of sadness and from a sense of responsibility to the public good to tell what I know about who Jordan is, having seen him up close, as a colleague and friend, and having examined up close his political actions at the University of Toronto, allegedly in defence of free speech. When he soared into the stratosphere he became peculiarly unknowable. There is something about the dazzle of the limelight that makes it hard to see him clearly. But people continue to be who they are even in the blinding overexposure of success. I have known Jordan Peterson for 20 years, and people had better know more about who he is.

There is reason to be concerned."

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                    I was Jordan Peterson’s strongest supporter. Now I think he’s dangerous

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/2018...dangerous.html

"In the end, I am writing this because of his extraordinary rise in visibility, the nature of his growing following and a concern that his ambitions might venture from stardom back to his long-standing interest in politics. I am writing this from a place of sadness and from a sense of responsibility to the public good to tell what I know about who Jordan is, having seen him up close, as a colleague and friend, and having examined up close his political actions at the University of Toronto, allegedly in defence of free speech. When he soared into the stratosphere he became peculiarly unknowable. There is something about the dazzle of the limelight that makes it hard to see him clearly. But people continue to be who they are even in the blinding overexposure of success. I have known Jordan Peterson for 20 years, and people had better know more about who he is.

There is reason to be concerned."
                    I got halfway through that and gave up. Ugh...
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I got halfway through that and gave up. Ugh...
                      I made it through. I have a different recollection of the events recounted below, though:

The misogynistic attacks on the British broadcaster Cathy Newman, after she was humiliated and left speechless by Jordan in the infamous “gotcha moment” of their TV interview, were so numerous and vicious that Jordan asked his followers to back off. These devoted followers are notorious for attacking Jordan’s critics, but this was different. It was more persistent and more intense. That was not outrage in defence of their leader who needed none; she was the fallen victim and it was as if they had come in for the final kill.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        I made it through. I have a different recollection of the events recounted below, though:
                        Yeah, it was a ridiculous essay.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Jordan Peterson is a dbag though.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            Jordan Peterson is a dbag though.
                            Be it resolved, what you call political correctness, I call progress ... Pro: Michelle Goldberg, Michael Eric Dyson; Con: Jordan Peterson, Stephen Fry:

https://www.munkdebates.com/The-Deba...al-Correctness

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Jordan Peterson is a dbag though.
                              Why is he a d-bag? Educate us.

Comment

Why is he a d-bag? Educate us.
                                And be precise.

Comment

Working...
                                X