Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Assange meet Assange; not so much fun now, eh?

  1. #1
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    22,034

    Default Assange meet Assange; not so much fun now, eh?

    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  2. #2
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    49,090

    Default

    Sweet, sweet irony.

    The company admitted Assange had tried to stop the publication but said they were proud to publish the "passionate, provocative and opinionated" book.

    In a lengthy, furious statement issued late Wednesday, Assange accused Canongate of acting in breach of contract and personal assurances that it would not publish the manuscript.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  3. #3
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    22,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Sweet, sweet irony.
    Isn't that hilarious? When he does it he is fighting for justice. When someone does it to him it is a breach of privacy and contract.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  4. #4
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Land of the Morning Calm
    Posts
    15,074

    Default

    A real jerk. In the spirit of openess, he should offer unhibited access to all information concerning the operations of wikileaks and his other business interests.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  5. #5
    Senior Member il Padrino Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Murray, Utah
    Posts
    19,204

    Default

    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

  6. #6

    Default

    This is funny, but what would be funnier is Assange being tortured in a CIA black site.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  7. #7
    Not Banned Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,355

    Default

    Karma's a bitch.
    Visca Catalunya Lliure

  8. #8

    Default

    So sad for the deadbeat house guest. Maybe he should just move out and let the Brits run him through their legal system for whatever they're charging him with. Then after a short time he'll probably be free to move to Moscow and let rich Uncle Vlad take care of him. He works for him already anyway.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/31/uk/ju...ntl/index.html

    Judge Karla Martinez said Assange will have to obey a new set of house rules, which include paying for his own food, medical and laundry bills as well as cleaning up after himself and his cat.
    Assange -- with a flowing snow-white beard and long shoulder-length hair -- appeared before the judge in Ecuador's capital Quito via video link from London. He claimed the new rules were a clear indication Ecuador was trying to push him out and accused President Lenín Moreno's government of preparing to revoke his asylum.
    Last edited by BlueK; 10-31-2018 at 08:24 AM.

  9. #9
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    22,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    So sad for the deadbeat house guest. Maybe he should just move out and let the Brits run him through their legal system for whatever they're charging him with. Then after a short time he'll probably be free to move to Moscow and let rich Uncle Vlad take care of him. He works for him already anyway.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/31/uk/ju...ntl/index.html

    Judge Karla Martinez said Assange will have to obey a new set of house rules, which include paying for his own food, medical and laundry bills as well as cleaning up after himself and his cat.
    Assange -- with a flowing snow-white beard and long shoulder-length hair -- appeared before the judge in Ecuador's capital Quito via video link from London. He claimed the new rules were a clear indication Ecuador was trying to push him out and accused President Lenín Moreno's government of preparing to revoke his asylum.
    Is he really complaining about cleaning up after himself and his cat? I'd demand that from my teenager. It must be the money.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Is he really complaining about cleaning up after himself and his cat? I'd demand that from my teenager. It must be the money.
    Hey, he's an international man of mystery and superstar. Those people don't clean up after themselves.

  11. #11

    Default

    Ecuador investigated and concluded Assange worked with Russian intelligence to help their operation to help elect Trump.

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/polit...aks/index.html


    Ted do you still think Seth Rich was a whistleblower?

  12. #12
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    20,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Ecuador investigated and concluded Assange worked with Russian intelligence to help their operation to help elect Trump.

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/polit...aks/index.html
    OMG... we paid $35 million for the Mueller report and he missed this? WTF!

    Oh wait...

    "We did notice that he was interfering in the elections and we do not allow that because we have principles, very clear values, as we would not like anyone to interfere in our elections," he said. "We are not going to allow that to happen with a foreign country and friend like the US."
    Our friends from Ecuador put a stop to it... gracias amigos!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    OMG... we paid $35 million for the Mueller report and he missed this? WTF!

    Oh wait...



    Our friends from Ecuador put a stop to it... gracias amigos!
    Didn't answer my question about the Seth Rich conspiracy that you've promoted before.

  14. #14
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    20,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Didn't answer my question about the Seth Rich conspiracy that you've promoted before.
    I forget... who's Seth Rich again?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •