Trigger warnings, safe spaces, and fascism on college campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Not on a college campus, but relevant to the discussion.

that’s great
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• https://www.newsweek.com/ben-shapiro...mpression=true

Professors submit fake studies to publish

Well, first there was “Going In Through The Back Door: Challenging The Straight Male Homohysteria, Transhysteria and Transphobia Through Receptive Penetrative Sex Toy Use.” This masterpiece appeared in Sexuality and Culture. Its thesis: straight men should be anally penetrated by sex toys in order to become more receptive of feminism and transgenderism, and to fight rape culture.
      Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 10-05-2018, 01:08 PM.
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
        https://www.newsweek.com/ben-shapiro...mpression=true

Well, first there was “Going In Through The Back Door: Challenging The Straight Male Homohysteria, Transhysteria and Transphobia Through Receptive Penetrative Sex Toy Use.” This masterpiece appeared in Sexuality and Culture. Its thesis: straight men should be anally penetrated by sex toys in order to become more receptive of feminism and transgenderism, and to fight rape culture.
        TBH that's not a bad idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
          https://www.newsweek.com/ben-shapiro...mpression=true

Yeah, consider the source of that article.....Ben Shapiro? GTFO
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Trigger warnings, safe spaces, and fascism on college campuses

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            Oh brother. That story has been reported by a ton of news outlets. I don’t know why they used that headline but if you think that means it probably didn’t happen, you are crazy.
            Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-06-2018, 07:31 AM.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Oh brother. That story has been reported by a ton of news outlets. I don’t know why they used that headline but if you think that means it probably didn’t happen, you are crazy.
              https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/a...nals-hoax.html

https://www.chronicle.com/article/So...Is-Huge/244714

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/572212/

https://amp.economist.com/science-an...rom%20%251%24s

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fake-ne...mia-1538520950

But Ben Shapiro
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                Lol of course you hate ben shapiro.
                "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  Yeah, consider the source of this tweet is a professor at a liberal arts college...GTFO.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Yes, the articles are ridiculous, as are the journals that printed them, but calling a constructivist mindset ridiculous is ridiculous. I misspoke. I believe that stupid shit got printed. I take issue with Shapiro's framing of the story. He's got an axe to grind and is in favor of ending tenure, not letting people use Pell Grants or public scholarships to pay for humanities or arts courses, and he thinks that schools should move solely online and be for-profit or public subsidized only from lottery money. He thinks that the government didn't need to intervene to end segregation, that transgenderism doesn't exist, that there is no such thing as privilege, that crime is caused by not enough cops, I could go on and on.

Ben Shapiro miscontrues, misinterprets, and flat out makes up stuff to support his argument. But, he's well spoken and not a WASP, so he's a darling of the far Right.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• boalt no mo

https://www.law.com/therecorder/2018...20181013135637

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        Just wait'll they hear about the womanizing Robert California. Then what?
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                          Just wait'll they hear about the womanizing Robert California. Then what?
                          he’s the f*****g lizard king

Comment

• The mob is coming after Victoria's Secret because of their refusal to have trannies prancing around on the runway in women's underwear. VS needs to get with the times, what woman wouldn't want to buy a bra and panties they just saw a dude wear?

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1062064487459622912

Here's another gem of a quote from the VS CEO: "We attempted to do a television special for plus-sizes [in 2000]. No one had any interest in it, still don’t."
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              The mob is coming after Victoria's Secret because of their refusal to have trannies prancing around on the runway in women's underwear. VS needs to get with the times, what woman wouldn't want to buy a bra and panties they just saw a dude wear?

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1062064487459622912

Here's another gem of a quote from the VS CEO: "We attempted to do a television special for plus-sizes [in 2000]. No one had any interest in it, still don’t."
                              LOL... If anyone wants to see a plus-sized women running around in skimpy clothes they can just go to Walmart in the summer.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                LOL... If anyone wants to see a plus-sized women running around in skimpy clothes they can just go to Walmart in the summer.
                                But I want to see them running around in expensive skimpy clothes.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X