Clear All

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Not good for the consumer.
    You aren't kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
      Marriott is acquiring SPG.
      http://news.yahoo.com/starwood-hotel...6--sector.html

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc on Friday said a $13 billion cash offer from China's Anbang Insurance Group Co was superior to one from Marriott International Inc , setting the stage for the largest ever deal by a Chinese company in the United States.

The operator of Sheraton and Westin hotels said the Chinese insurer's offer beat Marriott's previously agreed cash and stock offer by nearly 15 percent, and that it planned to scrap the proposed deal with the rival hotel chain.

Comment

huh. wonder if this means the point devaluation won't happen.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          huh. wonder if this means the point devaluation won't happen.
          That's what I'm hoping. Definitely a better chance than if the Marriott deal went through.

Comment

I just want to say that on my new Garmin sports watch (Forerunner 235), I can input my loyalty card bar codes and display them on my watch face. Plane tickets etc. Now I dont have to carry any loyalty cards. Whee!

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              I just want to say that on my new Garmin sports watch (Forerunner 235), I can input my loyalty card bar codes and display them on my watch face. Plane tickets etc. Now I dont have to carry any loyalty cards. Whee!
              Uh, why didn't you just use one of a number of phone apps that allows you to do this? I use Stocard for all of this.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Uh, why didn't you just use one of a number of phone apps that allows you to do this? I use Stocard for all of this.
                The first person that buys one of these Garmin watches without telling everyone about it will be the first.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

I'm considering this SPG rewards card but I just got the amex blue and am in the middle of spending their required amount to get their 300 dollar credit offer. Sigh.

I'm sure I can spend enough on both to get both rewards. Sigh again.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    Yup. Easy. You can also just put the info in your contacts.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Because I dont walk around all the time with my phone, but I walk around all the time with my watch on. I'm old school that way. Very useful at the gym. Now I need to put my credit card on my watch.
                      Last edited by Katy Lied; 03-19-2016, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Your Michaels loyalty card is useful at the gym? How far did you run today BTW?
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          I'm considering this SPG rewards card but I just got the amex blue and am in the middle of spending their required amount to get their 300 dollar credit offer. Sigh.

I'm sure I can spend enough on both to get both rewards. Sigh again.
                          35k spg points are worth ~3x the amex blue offer. even if you have to miss the minimum spend on the blue, it's worth it to get it the spg card.

Comment

Delta just started an new little perk that I participated in the other night. At selected airports, they look through the passenger list for upper tier passengers who have tight connections on the other side of the airport. They then select a passenger and pick them up right off the plane, take them out the door down to the tarmac, and give them a ride in a Porsche across the tarmac to their next gate. I don't know if the additional loyalty will justify two full-time employees doing that all day, but I have to admit it was really cool.
                            sigpic
                            "Outlined against a blue, gray
                            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                              Delta just started an new little perk that I participated in the other night. At selected airports, they look through the passenger list for upper tier passengers who have tight connections on the other side of the airport. They then select a passenger and pick them up right off the plane, take them out the door down to the tarmac, and give them a ride in a Porsche across the tarmac to their next gate. I don't know if the additional loyalty will justify two full-time employees doing that all day, but I have to admit it was really cool.
                              they've done that for a long time at katl. not sure about other airports though.

Comment

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-st...-idUSKCN0WN13N

Comment

Working...
                                X