I learned in Mass today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I learned in Mass today

The percentage of things I agree with will probably be much higher than it is for the usual church service.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Make sure you ask the Priest why the church helped cover up and enable pedophiles. I'm hoping that isn't one of the things you agree with.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Going to mass and it isn't Easter or Xmas? Obviously sieq knows nothing about being Catholic.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

You do realize they also kick out gays?
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          You do realize they also kick out gays?
          They don't kick them out, they just disapprove of them. And if you're a same sex family they'll be happy to baptize your baby.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            They don't kick them out, they just disapprove of them. And if you're a same sex family they'll be happy to baptize your baby.
            They don't kick them out?

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-priest-fir...102127277.html
            *Banned*

Comment

lol Junkie knows more about world religions than seattleute and sieq.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

You should have gone last Sunday or Monday. All Saints/Souls day(s) are pretty awesome celebrations.

That said, I think you'd be more comfortable with the Episcopalians. It's basically the same rite, but your priest will likely be gay or a woman.

You can also take communion with the Episcopalians. Catholics wouldn't stop you, but they don't have an open communion policy, like most protestant churches do.
                Last edited by pellegrino; 11-07-2015, 09:02 AM.
                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  lol Junkie knows more about world religions than seattleute and sieq.
                  This is kind of a back handed compliment . I know more about a lot things than those two nerd dicks.
                  *Banned*

Comment

See this is your problem, quarter roll. You think you know everything because you have a smart phone and google.

The priest referenced in your article was indeed dismissed from his post in the Vatican (i.e. fired from his job), but it was not because he is gay, it was because he had broken his vows of celibacy. Furthermore, he was not excommunicated, or even defrocked (look that one up). He still can take communion, and if he and his partner were to have children, the church would be more than happy to accept them and allow them to receive all the holy sacraments without any issue. Catholics don't excommunicate homosexuals for the sin of homosexuality.

While the church frowns on those who are not in an appropriate state of grace (i.e. unrepentant of mortal sin), they will most assuredly accept anyone who, in their heart feels that they are worthy before God. In some areas this has has developed into a "don't ask don't tell" situation where anyone who kneels at the bar and asks to receive, will be received into communion.
                    Last edited by pellegrino; 11-07-2015, 09:17 AM.
                    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

even those who are divorced? have things changed? that was one of the areas where the lds church was more forgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                        See this is your problem, quarter roll. You think you know everything because you have a smart phone and google.

The priest referenced in your article was indeed dismissed from his post in the Vatican (i.e. fired from his job), but it was not because he is gay, it was because he had broken his vows of celibacy. Furthermore, he was not excommunicated, or even defrocked (look that one up). He still can take communion, and if he and his partner were to have children, the church would be more than happy to accept them and allow them to receive all the holy sacraments without any issue. Catholics don't excommunicate homosexuals for the sin of homosexuality.

While the church frowns on those who are not in an appropriate state of grace (i.e. unrepentant of mortal sin), they will most assuredly accept anyone who, in their heart feels that they are worthy before God. In some areas this has has developed into a "don't ask don't tell" situation where anyone who kneels at the bar and asks to receive, will be received into communion.
                        One of your problems if that you think you are an expert on everything. Once again you are wrong on this as well. But carry on, I am sure DDD will LOL at something else you say, very soon!
                        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          even those who are divorced? have things changed? that was one of the areas where the lds church was more forgiving.
                          I was specifically referring to homosexuals. Divorce is still a hot topic for Catholics, If you are divorced you may not officially receive communion. From what I hear, this might change in the future, but that would be a major change, not easily accomplished.

Any Mormon who is looking for another religion because of the church's stance on homosexuality really has no business going to the Catholic church. If they believe in Christ then they'll find themselves much more at home with the Episcopalians. If they're just looking for a social club that resembles a Christian church then they should look into the Universalist Unitarians.

One of your problems if that you think you are an expert on everything. Once again you are wrong on this as well. But carry on, I am sure DDD will LOL at something else you say, very soon!
                          Is this your way of taking the ball and going home? I'm disappointed, quarter roll. Usually you rise to the occasion, but I guess you have decided to be gracious in this situation.
                          Alessandro Manzoni

pelagius

Comment

Granted, they kick priests out, not lay people, and they don't exclude children of any kind.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              Granted, they kick priests out, not lay people, and they don't exclude children of any kind.
                              They didn't kick him out. They fired him from his job. He's still a priest.
                              Alessandro Manzoni

pelagius

Comment

Working...
                              X