The University of Utah and RMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry Tic View Post
    You should have gone to BYU. Your testimony would be stronger.
    Yeah, don't be so sure. Byu has a way of convincing some that the church is not only wrong (I took a class about this at the U), but that the church is downright evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
      Yeah, don't be so sure. Byu has a way of convincing some that the church is not only wrong (I took a class about this at the U), but that the church is downright evil.
      This must be what happened to LA Ute.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        not necessarily
        Originally posted by Applejack View Post
        Okay, I'll amend my statement to: "You should have gone to BYU and participated in tunnel singing on Sunday evenings. Your testimony would be stronger."

That should do it.
        Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
        --William Blake, via Shpongle

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          This must be what happened to LA Ute.
          Did LA Ute go to BYU?

So much makes sense now.
          We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
            Did LA Ute go to BYU?

So much makes sense now.
            Yes, I went to BYU for two semesters (was on campus for only one -- the other was an internship). I enjoyed the experience, learned a lot, made some lifelong friends. Transferred to the U. because I was in love with a girl who attended the U. That didn't work out but I stayed there and had a terrific experience in both undergrad and law school (more about that is detailed somewhere on this board, long ago).
            Last edited by LA Ute; 12-21-2015, 05:07 PM.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I couldn’t find the thread where DDD constantly mocked the doorknob of some building (huntsman ctr?) on the U’s campus. But this will do.

I’m glad to see a mere 17% of the members of the CoJCoLDS feel unwelcome on campus. The ghost of Governor Boggs wants you to keep trying and see if you get above the 1/4 barrier

http://dailyutahchronicle.com/2019/0...over-15-lower/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                I couldn’t find the thread where DDD constantly mocked the doorknob of some building (huntsman ctr?) on the U’s campus. But this will do.

I’m glad to see a mere 17% of the members of the CoJCoLDS feel unwelcome on campus. The ghost of Governor Boggs wants you to keep trying and see if you get above the 1/4 barrier

Good grief. What a poorly written article. Oh well - student paper.

Btw, you read it wrong. 29%.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Good grief. What a poorly written article. Oh well - student paper.

Btw, you read it wrong. 29%.
                  That headline hurts to read.

Comment

An overwhelming number of students who commented on the survey and identify as members of the church expressed gratitude for the Church of Jesus Christ’s Institute of Religion located just south of campus, some calling it a “sanctuary.” Some students who aren’t members of the church, however, expressed resentment for its existence, many citing the free parking it provides for students who take classes at the institute.

Comment

I'm extremely grateful I never had my name and comments about useless topics on record in college. I would have declined to participate in this whole thing, but I probably would have commented on the Clinton - Lewinsky story.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

What a bunch of snowflakes.

I didn't read the article and don't intend to.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                          They are students at the University of Utah. QED.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

I didn't read the article and don't intend to.
                            Weird, you read all the other articles on that subject matter.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                            X