The Great Head Coaching Search of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    I think what Omaha 680 was stating is that Nebraska went into the crapper in 2002; and Colorado returned to the crapper the following year in 2003 - when KSU won their only Big 8/12 title. To go back a little further, Colorado rose to prominence after Oklahoma went to the crapper. The point being is that there can only be so many juggernauts in the same conference at any one time (Oklahoma, Nebraska => Nebraska, Colorado => Oklahoma, Texas). KSU like Georgia are not necessarily underachievers unless that definition is that they are not playing at the current level of Alabama and Ohio St which is somewhat rare in itself and difficult to maintain.
    I was too subtle, I guess.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Does a bigger program take a stab at Brother N from Navy? Or do all the P5 schools get scared off by the option?
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Does a bigger program take a stab at Brother N from Navy? Or do all the P5 schools get scared off by the option?
        I hope not. I want Ken N to be th next BYU HC.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
          I hope not. I want Ken N to be th next BYU HC.
          I absolutely love Ken but the option will never be a go at BYU. I've heard some people say he wouldn't run the option at BYU. But why would a coach who played the option as a player, and has always coached in a system that ran the option, suddenly drop the option to coach BYU?

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
            I absolutely love Ken but the option will never be a go at BYU. I've heard some people say he wouldn't run the option at BYU. But why would a coach who played the option as a player, and has always coached in a system that ran the option, suddenly drop the option to coach BYU?
            The flexbone would be awesome at BYU. And so would Ken when Bronco decides that he wants to surf more.
            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Bronco was tied to the 3-3-5 when he came to BYU. He tried it but realized he had talent that better fit a 3-4 so he adjusted, keeping similar principles and has had very good results. Good coaches will adapt the most successful principles to the talent they have around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                Bronco was tied to the 3-3-5 when he came to BYU. He tried it but realized he had talent that better fit a 3-4 so he adjusted, keeping similar principles and has had very good results. Good coaches will adapt the most successful principles to the talent they have around them.
                I agree with your point, but hypothetically squeaking, what would/could an adapted flexbone at BYU look like to account for their specific talent?

Comment

I agree with your point, but hypothetically squeaking, what would/could an adapted flexbone at BYU look like to account for their specific talent?
                  No problem. The B backs fit the large Polynesian running back to a tee. A backs are the Matt Bellini/Curtis Brown types. WRs can be either the big, tall Mathews type or a more conventional Orem all star. I think BYU's traditional recruiting profile fits very well with the flexbone.

- Ty Cobb

Comment

No problem. The B backs fit the large Polynesian running back to a tee. A backs are the Matt Bellini/Curtis Brown types. WRs can be either the big, tall Mathews type or a more conventional Orem all star. I think BYU's traditional recruiting profile fits very well with the flexbone.
                    I actually agree with this. Ken N should be the Cougars first call after Bronco decides to retire and take his talents to South Jordan.

Comment

Minnesota gives the job to winless interim head coach Tracy Claeys.

Comment

With Minnesota filling their open position Pinkel's retirement makes 10 open HC positions currently.

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post

Comment

11 if you count Whittingham leaving Utah in a couple of months.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

You know, maybe you have a point here. If there genuinely is a talent gap that BYU will always exist at BYU, maybe giving the flexbone a chance wouldn't be the end of the world.

Comment

Why would he take a pay cut to come to Provo? Also both schools have plenty of rules but I'm guessing Ken N deals with less stress with his kids than Bronco does.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                                Why would he take a pay cut to come to Provo? Also both schools have plenty of rules but I'm guessing Ken N deals with less stress with his kids than Bronco does.
                                Ken is making more than Bronco? Is this verifiable?

Comment

Working...
                                X