No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
      32-Year Study Shows How Geeky Kids Become Happy Adults

"In short, social connectedness massively overwhelms academic achievement."

Interesting piece.
      Just browsing this thread and came across this. This is a good article, although I'm not sure it says what the link says it says. Take home point (which I completely agree with): As a teenager, having a few close friends is much healthier than being popular.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        Just browsing this thread and came across this. This is a good article, although I'm not sure it says what the link says it says. Take home point (which I completely agree with): As a teenager, having a few close friends is much healthier than being popular.
        I thought the title was off, too. Probably just the authors' way of attracting eyeballs.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Sitting at the outdoor amphitheater in Bend, where it is currently 75 degrees. Not a cloud in sight. Brandi Carlisle concert starts in half an hour.

Going to be a great night.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• And true to central Oregon, the temperature has dropped 10 degrees, and Brandi isn't even out yet.
            Still though!
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• 20 degrees cooler when it ended, but it was a great concert! Brandi is very easy on both the ears and the eyes
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Sitting at the outdoor amphitheater in Bend, where it is currently 75 degrees. Not a cloud in sight. Brandi Carlisle concert starts in half an hour.

Going to be a great night.
                She looks like she'd be a entertaining person... if not a little suspicious of my current work release status.

Last edited by clackamascoug; 09-02-2012, 09:46 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Yeah, don't cross her, she'll kick your ass. She has some nice biceps.
                  Highly recommended, Clack, if folkish rock is your bag. She has a good time with the audience.
                  Last edited by Northwestcoug; 09-02-2012, 10:01 AM.
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    Yeah, don't cross her, she'll kick your ass. She has some nice biceps.
                    Highly recommended, Clack, if folkish rock is your bag. She has a good time with the audience.
                    Can you say... Harry Chapin? When I was 15, and all the world seemed to be crazy, and messed up, I'd listen to Harry, and it seemed all right again.

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                      Can you say... Harry Chapin? When I was 15, and all the world seemed to be crazy, and messed up, I'd listen to Harry, and it seemed all right again.
                      Yessir. Even now, when I hear "Taxi" or "Cat's in the Cradle" I'm transported back to the 1970s in my mind.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

• Husky Free Northwest is now the official king of the avatar. I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                          Husky Free Northwest is now the official king of the avatar. I love it.

Uhm, yeah, he will have to take the title of 'king of the avatar' out of my dead cold hands.

Comment

• This is one of the cooler game-day giveaways.

Comment

• I wonder what the nurse wearing Betty Boop scrubs is trying to say about herself.

Comment

• Smiley face emoticon turns 30.
                                ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Working...
                                X