Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
    Fu! Ah burred tha ruf of ma mouf wif nuclar haw refrai bens!
    This would have been more believable if you hadn't included the letter "L" in nuclear. I would have gone with "nucwear" or something similar.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• I was driving yesterday on I-15 when I saw a billboard promoting a fertility clinic with the URL prominantly displayed:

http://www.richardsinvitro.com/

I thought it would have been more memorable if he had used his nickname.

Comment

I have an unusual first name, and a pretty normal last name. In my whole life, I have only met about three other people with my first name. Today I got a Facebook message from someone who shares my exact first and last name. Weird. I thought I might be the only one.
        Did he/she want to marry you?
        http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/S...ried/8674.html
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• I don't like that this clip makes me laugh:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eoYHoc8Ez1w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eoYHoc8Ez1w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Sometimes I just stare at my hand and then open and shut it in amazement. The human body is really weird if you stare at it long enough. You don't even need to be high.

Comment

• I recently performed a minor surgery on my leg, to remove a couple of fatty deposits that were bruising as if they were subcutaneous cysts on the verge of bursting. If you are able to make a one inch incision, about 1/8th inch deep, into your own body, this is a relatively easy procedure. I had watched a doctor do it before, on a different cyst (I guess I'm prone to them), and thought that it looked like something I could have done myself... so I tried it. Anyhow, as the old Maker saying goes, if you can't open it, you don't own it.

Comment

I recently performed a minor surgery on my leg, to remove a couple of fatty deposits that were bruising as if they were subcutaneous cysts on the verge of bursting. If you are able to make a one inch incision, about 1/8th inch deep, into your own body, this is a relatively easy procedure. I had watched a doctor do it before, on a different cyst (I guess I'm prone to them), and thought that it looked like something I could have done myself... so I tried it. Anyhow, as the old Maker saying goes, if you can't open it, you don't own it.
                Oh, and HERE ([nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0cJ7bRvkg"]YouTube- American Health Care[/nomedia]) is a post-op video. It is NOT for the squeamish.
                Last edited by RobinFinderson; 07-07-2010, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Oh, and HERE (YouTube- American Health Care) is a post-op video. It is NOT for the squeamish.

Comment

• Guy I hate most on TV = the State Farm insurance guy. He seems a little slimy at times, smug at others.

Favorite guy on TV = Old Spice guy, I might just buy some Old Spice body wash because of it, but I prefer bars.

Comment

• Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
                      Guy I hate most on TV = the State Farm insurance guy. He seems a little slimy at times, smug at others.

Favorite guy on TV = Old Spice guy, I might just buy some Old Spice body wash because of it, but I prefer bars.
                      Old Spice guy is ten times cooler than the Dos Equis guy. .
                      *Banned*

Comment

• Agreed on Old Spice Guy. "Look at me, I'm on a horse"
                        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Jack from Jack In The Box is the only one I'll back up the DVR for when I'm skipping commercials.

Comment

• Here's a computer tip. If your internet runs slow for a couple of days, and then goes out completely, you can reset your modem, and go through all your settings, and run a scan on your computer, and drag your old laptop out of the attic to see if it will connect, and do various other little things on it, like I did. But I would advise you to first check to see if the cable wasn't securely connected to the wall, and has come loose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                              Here's a computer tip. If your internet runs slow for a couple of days, and then goes out completely, you can reset your modem, and go through all your settings, and run a scan on your computer, and drag your old laptop out of the attic to see if it will connect, and do various other little things on it, like I did. But I would advise you to first check to see if the cable wasn't securely connected to the wall, and has come loose.
                              That feeling of impotence from not having the internet is maddening.
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I looked down this morning and was disappointed to see that my odometer was reading 88889 and the temperature right below it was reading 88. Had I noticed 1 mile earlier, I could have snapped a pic of my odometer looking something like this:

This was particularly disappointing to me, as I try to make a point to catch the odometer when it is reading palindromic (one of many obsessive-compulsive habits I deal with). And what better palindromic numeral is there than 88888, which is not only a palindrome, but is actually a mirror image of itself when cut in half.

I'll stop scaring you now.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X