Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Can't stop thinking about purple zebras. Weird.
    You may be jonesing for some Fruit Stripe.

Comment

• I took this one a while back, but didn't know the thread to put it in. Now I know.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
        Is the Purple Turtle still up and running?
        We went a few weeks ago. My wife has a thing for that place.

Still great.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
          We went a few weeks ago. My wife has a thing for that place.

Still great.
          In the early 70's Grandpa Holdaway used to take us there, and I remember loving the tots.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post

I can't remember if it's this or Juicy Fruit that has the shortest time to complete flavor loss. Either way, it's not a very long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
              I can't remember if it's this or Juicy Fruit that has the shortest time to complete flavor loss. Either way, it's not a very long time.
              Without a doubt, Fruit Stripe.
              Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post

Damn you! I hadn't thought about this product for at least three decades, but now I've got that song going through my head again, "Yipes, stripes, Beech-Nut's got 'em..." I remember this B&W commercial from my youth which helpfully tells the viewer what colors are involved. Some high production values here. I'll bet Don Draper was behind it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Damn you! I hadn't thought about this product for at least three decades, but now I've got that song going through my head again, "Yipes, stripes, Beech-Nut's got 'em..." I remember this B&W commercial from my youth which helpfully tells the viewer what colors are involved. Some high production values here. I'll bet Don Draper was behind it.
                  Oh, great, you would have to put the lyrics there. It reminds me that my big brother used to sing that with each word starting with a 'b': "Bipes, bipes, Beech-Butt's Bottom... bipes, bipes, in Beech Butt's bum... bipes, bipes, bive bifferent bavors, bet Beech Butt's boot bipe bum!"

Comment

• I'm obsessed with LaMar Alexander and his website simplesolarhomesteading.com. I can't read enough about his $2000 cabin, his solar composting toilet, his hot tub made of a cattle feeder, his cabins designed to evade official permit requirements, his lucious fruit trees fed with perf pipes of humanure, his insistance on not allowing any strangers to use his toilet because he doesn't know what kind of germs their waste contains. He looks like a hermit with discolored teeth, but he's come up with some brilliant small house designs, and off grid living strategies. The beautiful eco people love him.

I hear he lives in Flaming Gorge. Anyone else ever heard of him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                      I'm obsessed with LaMar Alexander and his website simplesolarhomesteading.com. I can't read enough about his $2000 cabin, his solar composting toilet, his hot tub made of a cattle feeder, his cabins designed to evade official permit requirements, his lucious fruit trees fed with perf pipes of humanure, his insistance on not allowing any strangers to use his toilet because he doesn't know what kind of germs their waste contains. He looks like a hermit with discolored teeth, but he's come up with some brilliant small house designs, and off grid living strategies. The beautiful eco people love him.

I've heard of him but know nothing about him. You gotta hand it to people that are daring enough to step out of the norm and especially those who are successful at it. One question though, if he's concerned with the germs that the poop of others might contain, how does he know what's in his own?

Comment

• Originally posted by AggieIam View Post
                        I've heard of him but know nothing about him. You gotta hand it to people that are daring enough to step out of the norm and especially those who are successful at it. One question though, if he's concerned with the germs that the poop of others might contain, how does he know what's in his own?
                        Or what germs was in that cattle trough he took from the rancher down the road. Hot tub size livestock tanks are about a quarter of his cabin budget.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          I'm obsessed with LaMar Alexander and his website simplesolarhomesteading.com. I can't read enough about his $2000 cabin, his solar composting toilet, his hot tub made of a cattle feeder, his cabins designed to evade official permit requirements, his lucious fruit trees fed with perf pipes of humanure, his insistance on not allowing any strangers to use his toilet because he doesn't know what kind of germs their waste contains. He looks like a hermit with discolored teeth, but he's come up with some brilliant small house designs, and off grid living strategies. The beautiful eco people love him.

I remember when he wore a flannel shirt as he campaigned for POTUS in the 1996 GOP primary.

Comment

• I just got an email from Best Buy saying that the warranty on my laptop is expiring. I anticipate buying a new laptop within two or three months.
                            Not that, sickos.

Comment

• You know how 7-UP bottles carry this warning:

Well, my son just had an unopened bottle of Diet 7-UP explode on him, launching the cap across the room and ricocheting three times, sending drink in every direction like a bomb went off. We couldn't find the bottle for a couple of minutes until we started drying up the floor and found it under a table out in the hallway off the kitchen. All he did was gently bump it with his shoulder--I saw it happen. Crazy. What's even more weird, is last night, I thought I saw the bottle move slightly, but I figured it was just someone walking across the house shaking things (we're on a crawlspace foundation).
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                You know how 7-UP bottles carry this warning:

Well, my son just had an unopened bottle of Diet 7-UP explode on him, launching the cap across the room and ricocheting three times, sending drink in every direction like a bomb went off. We couldn't find the bottle for a couple of minutes until we started drying up the floor and found it under a table out in the hallway off the kitchen. All he did was gently bump it with his shoulder--I saw it happen. Crazy. What's even more weird, is last night, I thought I saw the bottle move slightly, but I figured it was just someone walking across the house shaking things (we're on a crawlspace foundation).
                                I had a can of Pepsi explode once.

By the way, don't leave an unopened can of soda in the vehicle when it's hot out. It's not fun to clean up.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X