No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Day at Cannon Beach 78*, clear skies. Today was as busy as July 4th. The water was warmer than usual, and the tide was way low. Lower than I've ever seen in 40 years of going to the same spot.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Hey lookit this vintage BYU straightjacket for sale on ebay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAL-VINTAGE...item43bb9059cd

$T2eC16J,!)QE9s3HEE1OBRSOuQvSOg~~60_14.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        Hey lookit this vintage BYU straightjacket for sale on ebay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAL-VINTAGE...item43bb9059cd

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2125[/ATTACH]
        Post of the Day... I'm pretty sure one of my two sisters wore that particular outfit during their BYU journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
          Post of the Day... I'm pretty sure one of my two sisters wore that particular outfit during their BYU journey.
          I bet that thing got some use in the basement of the Maeser building during the infamous plethysmograph testing.

Comment

• Not worth a new thread, but amidst the surprise and joy of finding the three girls who were rescued after a decade of captivity from their captors (imagine Elizabeth Smart after 9+ years, not months), this interview with the guy who discovered them and let them out is great. I love his closing comments. Thanks to Hot Lunch and Junkie for posting this on FB.

Comment

• That's Gold Jerry! Gold!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                Not worth a new thread, but amidst the surprise and joy of finding the three girls who were rescued after a decade of captivity from their captors (imagine Elizabeth Smart after 9+ years, not months), this interview with the guy who discovered them and let them out is great. I love his closing comments. Thanks to Hot Lunch and Junkie for posting this on FB.

That may be the awesomest interview ever.

Comment

• The good news: I drove an F450 today.
                  The bad news: I want one.
                  Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                    The good news: I drove an F450 today.
                    The bad news: I want one.
                    Why? Do you have some houses you need to pull of their foundations or something?
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      Why? Do you have some houses you need to pull of their foundations or something?
                      I meant F430. I accidentally hit the 5 instead of the 3.
                      Not that, sickos.

Comment

I meant F430. I accidentally hit the 5 instead of the 3.
                        I want one, but I've never driven one. Please provide details (and pics) about how you drove it.
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                          I want one, but I've never driven one. Please provide details (and pics) about how you drove it.
                          It was a lot of fun, despite the rules they had (no tire squealing, can't go above third gear). The first lap was instructional so that you could see the track they laid out, and each lap thereafter was faster and more fun. Those machines really are amazing. The gas pedal doesn't need much to take off, and I've never driven a car with better brakes. On each lap, I was able to brake later and later. I don't have the skills to really drive that car, but it was a lot of fun. I really need to learn how to race...

Not that, sickos.

Comment

It was a lot of fun, despite the rules they had (no tire squealing, can't go above third gear). The first lap was instructional so that you could see the track they laid out, and each lap thereafter was faster and more fun. Those machines really are amazing. The gas pedal doesn't need much to take off, and I've never driven a car with better brakes. On each lap, I was able to brake later and later. I don't have the skills to really drive that car, but it was a lot of fun. I really need to learn how to race...

I'm so jealous.
                            Last edited by clackamascoug; 05-26-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• The older I get the more starch I like in my dress shirts.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                The older I get the more starch I like in my dress shirts.
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Working...
                                X