No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      I just realized I have no idea who my home teachers are. Weird.
      I don't have a clue who mine are either.
      Not that, sickos.

Comment

• This morning on my way into work I was listening to DJ and PK. DJ brought up CB and named some names on there. MPfunk got a mention. Then he started to talk about a particular poster, RockyBalboa. I was very interested to here what Rocky said that caught there attention.

As usual though PK sidetracked the conversation and started a discussion about him and being at the RockyBalboa statue. I don't know how those guys are so popular. Half of the show is back and forth about them. I am not interested.

By the time I got to work and turned off the radio they were still talking about PK. I never heard about Rocky's post on CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
          Mine are very faithful - I don't think they've missed a month in the last 3 yrs
          Hence, you're the happyone!
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            This morning on my way into work I was listening to DJ and PK. DJ brought up CB and named some names on there. MPfunk got a mention. Then he started to talk about a particular poster, RockyBalboa. I was very interested to here what Rocky said that caught there attention.

As usual though PK sidetracked the conversation and started a discussion about him and being at the RockyBalboa statue. I don't know how those guys are so popular. Half of the show is back and forth about them. I am not interested.

By the time I got to work and turned off the radio they were still talking about PK. I never heard about Rocky's post on CB.
            They are awful. Granted, I haven't listened in 3 or 4 years, but I'm baffled at how they still have jobs, let alone how they are popular - assuming they are.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              This morning on my way into work I was listening to DJ and PK. DJ brought up CB and named some names on there. MPfunk got a mention. Then he started to talk about a particular poster, RockyBalboa. I was very interested to here what Rocky said that caught there attention.

It sounded like Rocky claimed and/or proved that DJ is a Utah season ticket holder. I think it was something to do with that, but I don't know for sure.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

Comment

• http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=10408764
                Everything in life is an approximation.

Comment

• Some guy on CB named Bergloewe said in that thread that the Alema and Ben show is his favorite. I didn't know those two had a show, but putting those two together is basically taking the worst two radio hosts in a brutal market for radio talent and putting them together. Honestly, I can't think of two worse guys (again, I'm of the opinion that most, if not all, the SLC market guys are bad - although I don't listen to local sports radio anymore) on the radio in SLC - and they have a show together. Hilarious. And there is a guy on CB who claims them as his favorite. Even more comical. Yikes.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    Some guy on CB named Bergloewe said in that thread that the Alema and Ben show is his favorite. I didn't know those two had a show, but putting those two together is basically taking the worst two radio hosts in a brutal market for radio talent and putting them together. Honestly, I can't think of two worse guys (again, I'm of the opinion that most, if not all, the SLC market guys are bad - although I don't listen to local sports radio anymore) on the radio in SLC - and they have a show together. Hilarious. And there is a guy on CB who claims them as his favorite. Even more comical. Yikes.
                    It's because they are BYU homers. They have a show in the afternoon that only talks about BYU and it on the Am960 station.
                    ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

Comment

• Watching BYU baseball on BYUtv. My 2 year old is walking around the house singing Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla".
                      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Texas lawmakers vote to get rid of the Texas Lottery Commission but change their minds over lunch...

UPDATED at 4:18 p.m.: Nevermind. After voting earlier in the day to abolish the Texas lottery, the House voted 92-53 this afternoon tentatively to continue the Texas Lottery Commission.The vote to occurred after the House decided to reconsider the earlier vote _ and after lots of talk about how to replace more than $2 billion in the state budget that doing away with the lottery would have wiped away. A final vote takes place Wednesday.

ORIGINAL ITEM: The Texas House voted 81-65 to abolish the state lottery Tuesday, which would strip more than $1 billion a year from public schools. A bloc of Republicans and Democrats spoke against the lottery on moral grounds.

In other words, they said, "Screw the moral high grounds... we need the money!" Maybe it is a good thing these guys only meet in a regular session every two years.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I just saw Air Force One fly over heading to love field... Dallas use to be such a nice city.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Spain's unemployment rate is now above 27%. Yikes.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              Spain's unemployment rate is now above 27%. Yikes.
                              The Financial Times says:

• [*=left]Almost 240,000 people lost their jobs in the first three months of the year.
                                [*=left]The overall number of jobless is 6.2 million.
                                [*=left]The unemployment rate rose by more than 1 point to 27.16%
                                [*=left]2 million out of 17.4 million Spanish households are without a single person holding a job.
                                [*=left]Job losses were particularly heavy in the services sector, but also in industry and farming.
                                [*=left]Construction has shed more than 1.6 million jobs since 2008 as a result of the bursting of Spain’s housing bubble.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• #1. Why are peanuts so expensive?

#2. My 11 years excitedly told me that he learned a new slang word: teabagging. I carefully asked him what it was. He said that after you kill someone, you stand over their body and jump up and down.

Comment

Working...
                                X