X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    So, you're turning Japanese.
    I really think so.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I really think so.
      This e-mail problem is all nonsense. Vapors-ware.

Comment

• If someone points at your black clothes and asks whose funeral it is, you just look around the room, and answer, "I haven't decided yet."

Comment

• I wonder how long it takes for a vehicle to burn enough fuel to equal to the vehicle's gross weight.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            I wonder how long it takes for a vehicle to burn enough fuel to equal to the vehicle's gross weight.
            at idle or average use?

one of the nerds will probably tell me i'm wrong, but:

toyota camry curb weight 3340 lbs
            gasoline weight per gallon 6lbs
            camry curb weight in gallons of gas ~560
            camry mpg ~30
            miles/560 gallons gas 16,800
            average miles driven per month 1k
            --> around 17 months
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I wonder how long it takes for a vehicle to burn enough fuel to equal to the vehicle's gross weight.
              It would depend on the weight and fuel efficiency of the vehicle.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                It would depend on the weight and fuel efficiency of the vehicle.
                Sure...I was just thinking about it because oxcoug posted a photo of a 1950's car he found in NYC, and I was thinking about how heavy it looked, and then I got to thinking about how much carbon it has used to move around for the last 70 years, which led me to think about the average car. Like, I wonder if it's much faster than we imagine, since the exhaust is invisible and lighter than air, with no ashes. I also wonder if there's some factor in the industry, like, tons of CO2 per 100k miles.
                Last edited by wuapinmon; 04-01-2020, 08:14 AM.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• My Ford Escape would take approximately 300 hours of highway driving according to my calculations (which I won't include here).

A little over a year at the rate we've been driving it.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    at idle or average use?

one of the nerds will probably tell me i'm wrong, but:

toyota camry curb weight 3340 lbs
                    gasoline weight per gallon 6lbs
                    camry curb weight in gallons of gas ~560
                    camry mpg ~30
                    miles/560 gallons gas 16,800
                    average miles driven per month 1k
                    --> around 17 months
                    So, does gasoline's "weight" increase when it combusts and pulls in atoms from the air?

Comment

Sure...I was just thinking about it because oxcoug posted a photo of a 1950's car he found in NYC, and I was thinking about how heavy it looked, and then I got to thinking about how much carbon it has used to move around for the last 70 years, which led me to think about the average car. Like, I wonder if it's much faster than we imagine, since the exhaust is invisible and lighter than air, with no ashes. I also wonder if there's some factor in the industry, like, tons of CO2 per 100k miles.
                      https://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+much+co2+d...emit+over+time
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• No seas pendejo.

Comment

No seas pendejo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                            My Ford Escape would take approximately 300 hours of highway driving according to my calculations (which I won't include here).

A little over a year at the rate we've been driving it.
                            Assuming my car is average from one of the articles JL linked, it emits 5.2 tons of CO2 per year.
                            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Today I learned that Australians call McDonald's "Macca's". I also learned that Australians are very lazy with their speech, abbreviating practically everything.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Today I learned that Australians call McDonald's "Macca's". I also learned that Australians are very lazy with their speech, abbreviating practically everything.
                                The french call it McDo (pronounced Mac Doe).

Comment

Working...
                                X