Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103 LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 3073

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

I take it back -- LAU is acting like a real douche today.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Pre-Historic Man

The entire West Virginia Supreme Court was impeached today.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-wa...ices-impeached
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    The entire West Virginia Supreme Court was impeached today.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-wa...ices-impeached
    Holy crap. That's a lot of office restorations.

Here come 4 right wing justices in WV.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Holy crap. That's a lot of office restorations.

Here come 4 right wing justices in WV.
    You would have thought there would be a procurement procedure to prevent abuses.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

So while my brother and I were cooking briskets the other week, he made some "Oceans" reference. All I could say was, "huh?" I don't see a lot of movies, and I haven't seen any of the Oceans, don't know what they are about, how many of them there are, and basically anything about them. Well I do know that George Cloony is in them, but that's really it.

He ends up dropping Oceans 11, 12 and 13 off on my doorstep so I can watch them. We were travelling down in Texas, so it was another day before I even saw them. I asked the missus, "why did he start at #11?" And she just laughed and laughed. "That's where they start, dummy!" Huh. I wonder why they skipped 1 through 10?

Anyway, I'm going under the knife again tomorrow to get my other foot done, so I'll have plenty of time to watch movies. I have a short attention span, so if they're not good, I'm going to really struggle. I have issues with a lot of movies these days. It has to be action, and not just action, but stupid unrealistic action.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    So while my brother and I were cooking briskets the other week, he made some "Oceans" reference. All I could say was, "huh?" I don't see a lot of movies, and I haven't seen any of the Oceans, don't know what they are about, how many of them there are, and basically anything about them. Well I do know that George Cloony is in them, but that's really it.

He ends up dropping Oceans 11, 12 and 13 off on my doorstep so I can watch them. We were travelling down in Texas, so it was another day before I even saw them. I asked the missus, "why did he start at #11?" And she just laughed and laughed. "That's where they start, dummy!" Huh. I wonder why they skipped 1 through 10?

Anyway, I'm going under the knife again tomorrow to get my other foot done, so I'll have plenty of time to watch movies. I have a short attention span, so if they're not good, I'm going to really struggle. I have issues with a lot of movies these days. It has to be action, and not just action, but stupid unrealistic action.

Ocean's 11 is enjoyable. Do yourself a favor and skip the next two.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post

This is the correct answer. 11 is good. 12 and presumably 13 (never saw it because of 12) were an opportunity for George to get paid while hanging out with his buddies.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    This is the correct answer. 11 is good. 12 and presumably 13 (never saw it because of 12) were an opportunity for George to get paid while hanging out with his buddies.
    Would a double dose of pain meds make the last two any more watchable?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Would a double dose of pain meds make the last two any more watchable?
    No. 12 is awful. The plot is about as bad as they come. 13 isn’t as terrible and is almost watchable but it’s dumb.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    No. 12 is awful. The plot is about as bad as they come. 13 isn’t as terrible and is almost watchable but it’s dumb.
    11 was great and still holds up. 12 is an abomination and should never be watched. 13 has kind of a weak plot but it is ok and is propped up by some decent humor.

Sounds like I made a good choice to stop at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    11 was great and still holds up. 12 is an abomination and should never be watched. 13 has kind of a weak plot but it is ok and is propped up by some decent humor.
    I just tried to watch 12 and 13 recently (needed something while I was working). I turned them both off about half way through, and I wasn't even really watching them in the first place!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I should tell my wife to follow barstool sports on Instagram so all the sports fan meltdown and fistfight videos will remind her of how reasonable I really am.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    I should tell my wife to follow barstool sports on Instagram so all the sports fan meltdown and fistfight videos will remind her of how reasonable I really am.

also, boobs
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

WHy on earth does anyone care what Omarosa thinks?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

To err is human, to moo bovine.

The Onion or Huffpo? You decide.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

That’s some hard-hitting journalism, Huffpo.

This is the new normal. Anything is relevant reporting when it comes to your political enemies. Breaking news for tomorrow: Jared Kushner used to eat his boogers when he was five and Corey Booker crapped his pants in third grade.

Yeah, it’s dumb. I don’t need his teacher to tell me Stephen Miller is fucking weirdo idiot, which he is. His bigotry is more concerning as that’s playing out in our immigration policy.

Huffpo has been lame for awhile. I rarely go there. It’s not just the clickbait and political pandering their website is reader unfriendly.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Yeah, it’s dumb. I don’t need his teacher to tell me Stephen Miller is fucking weirdo idiot, which he is. His bigotry is more concerning as that’s playing out in our immigration policy.

Huffpo has been lame for awhile. I rarely go there. It’s not just the clickbait and political pandering their website is reader unfriendly.
    I agree. There are a many websites that I just can't go to due to the navigation/layout, click bait and slideshows (those are the worst). Huffpo, Buzzfeed and Foxnews come to mind immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    I agree. There are a many websites that I just can't go to due to the navigation/layout, click bait and slideshows (those are the worst). Huffpo, Buzzfeed and Foxnews come to mind immediately.
    cougarboard
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

I'll be heading to Utah again tomorrow to deal with some family matters. Every time I go there I want to get a bumper sticker that says "Utah - Love it or Leave it". I would place it right next to my obviously out-of-state license plate.

My only concern is that I'm not sure if they would find it funny or offensive.

yes

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    I'll be heading to Utah again tomorrow to deal with some family matters. Every time I go there I want to get a bumper sticker that says "Utah - Love it or Leave it". I would place it right next to my obviously out-of-state license plate.

My only concern is that I'm not sure if they would find it funny or offensive.
    I don't get it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

I don't get it.
    There’s your answer, Scott. At least all the other former Utahns on the interstate will chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    There’s your answer, Scott. At least all the other former Utahns on the interstate will chuckle.
    I am sure it will kill in Boise.

I am sure it will kill in Boise.
    It doesn’t take much.

Every time I go to India I think, "Why is this place such a shithole?"

Love arugula on pizza. But eating any leftovers after a day in the fridge is fraught with peril. It looks pretty gross after that.