Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Is there a dumber song than Horse With No Name? I think not.
    Wait a minute - that song really brings back memories ( I agree it is a dumb name )

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• It pains me to say this, but Eddie Van Halen's guitar work post David Lee Roth is just as solid as his earlier stuff. And maybe even more consistently good.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Willamette Valley is one of the most beautiful places I have been. Granted, we usually go there in summer and I'm not there during the constant winter drizzle. But during the spring and summer, it's just a wonder to see. So many beautiful rivers and valleys. The flowers and plants we struggle to grow in the high desert grow like crazy there. It always makes me reconsider relocating 100 miles to the west. Maybe I should go there in the winter more often, just to remind myself that all that green requires a ton of rain.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          Willamette Valley is one of the most beautiful places I have been. Granted, we usually go there in summer and I'm not there during the constant winter drizzle. But during the spring and summer, it's just a wonder to see. So many beautiful rivers and valleys. The flowers and plants we struggle to grow in the high desert grow like crazy there. It always makes me reconsider relocating 100 miles to the west. Maybe I should go there in the winter more often, just to remind myself that all that green requires a ton of rain.
          It really is nice. Glad I could spend a couple of years there.

Comment

• last year the city put a "pickle ball" court in next to the tennis courts near where I live. I'm amazed a just how much use they are getting. The put in four of them in about the same same space as the two tennis courts. When the weather is good, it seems that there is always somebody using them. The tennis courts on-the-other-hand are mostly unused. Yesterday on my walk, all four courts were in use, with doubles on three of them. There was no one using the Tennis courts.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
              last year the city put a "pickle ball" court in next to the tennis courts near where I live. I'm amazed a just how much use they are getting. The put in four of them in about the same same space as the two tennis courts. When the weather is good, it seems that there is always somebody using them. The tennis courts on-the-other-hand are mostly unused. Yesterday on my walk, all four courts were in use, with doubles on three of them. There was no one using the Tennis courts.
              my kids love going up to a little resort about an hour away. similar deal - they have really nice tennis courts - two of them and four pickle ball courts. nearly impossible to find empty pickleball courts, where you can get on the tennis courts just about any time. i think it's as simple as pickleball being an easier sport to play and there is less running.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Blake is handling this with all class, imo.

https://apple.news/AxKFBhnhdQeWaqYjRW6_nPw

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  Willamette Valley is one of the most beautiful places I have been. Granted, we usually go there in summer and I'm not there during the constant winter drizzle. But during the spring and summer, it's just a wonder to see. So many beautiful rivers and valleys. The flowers and plants we struggle to grow in the high desert grow like crazy there. It always makes me reconsider relocating 100 miles to the west. Maybe I should go there in the winter more often, just to remind myself that all that green requires a ton of rain.
                  Yes it's more rainy that Central Oregon - but millions of people live here and never give the rain a second thought. I think one of the most beautiful places I've seen is the valley that extends west from Sweet Home to Brownsville. Every time I drive through there, I shake my head in wonder. Native American's lived along the Clalapooia River for thousands of years, where the grass grew as tall as a man. The Native's were the first ones to start organized burns where they'd set fires to to clear the grass out each fall so they could manage their environment. All it did was make the valley the most fertile place in the world, with top soil so deep you can't find the bottom. 10,000 years ago Summer lake was the place to be, with cave's, water, fish, game. The living was so good their turds lasted 10,000 years.

And yet - the rest of the state is beautiful as well. I especially like Chiliquin.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    Yes it's more rainy that Central Oregon - but millions of people live here and never give the rain a second thought. I think one of the most beautiful places I've seen is the valley that extends west from Sweet Home to Brownsville. Every time I drive through there, I shake my head in wonder. Native American's lived along the Clalapooia River for thousands of years, where the grass grew as tall as a man. The Native's were the first ones to start organized burns where they'd set fires to to clear the grass out each fall so they could manage their environment. All it did was make the valley the most fertile place in the world, with top soil so deep you can't find the bottom. 10,000 years ago Summer lake was the place to be, with cave's, water, fish, game. The living was so good their turds lasted 10,000 years.

And yet - the rest of the state is beautiful as well. I especially like Chiliquin.
                    Yeah, but when we talk to the western locals during winter/spring they wish they were living where I'm at

I'm not sure if I've travelled from Sweet Home to Brownsville, but the drive to Sweet Home is beautiful. Silver Falls State Park, Siuslaw River valley, McKenzie River valley, and outskirts of Eugene are just gorgeous. I'm not sure if the Umpqua River valley is also considered part of the Willamette, but that is marvelous also.
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• It's been a long time since the CUF mix tape experience landed, but I am still listening to a lot of the bands I learned of through it. Tonight I heard a new Local Natives song, which is a band @commando introduced me to through his mix tape.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        It's been a long time since the CUF mix tape experience landed, but I am still listening to a lot of the bands I learned of through it. Tonight I heard a new Local Natives song, which is a band @commando introduced me to through his mix tape.
                        I listen to Wide Eyes all the time. It’s on my Starred list on Spotify.

I was just thinking the other day that it would be cool if we all went back and made our old mix tape exchange mixes into Spotify playlists.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• What if there are no footprints in the sand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            I listen to Wide Eyes all the time. It’s on my Starred list on Spotify.

I was just thinking the other day that it would be cool if we all went back and made our old mix tape exchange mixes into Spotify playlists.
                            frank ryan put together an awesome punk/outlaw country mix that really should be shared.
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              What if there are no footprints in the sand?
                              Congrats on mastering levitation.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• This is the banner my sister's ward is going to use for girl's camp.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X