Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Recently listened to the Malcolm Gladwell podcasts on the gigantic endowments for elite schools. None of those schools should ever charge tuition to any but the wealthiest students.
    That's a good episode. Righteous indignation galore.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

80-90%
      I guess the difference is BYU applies the subsidy across the entire student population rather than to those with financial need
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Recently listened to the Malcolm Gladwell podcasts on the gigantic endowments for elite schools. None of those schools should ever charge tuition to any but the wealthiest students.
        Hey, all of that wealth requires several layers of administrators. Administrators whose salaries are determined by market forces, of course.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

80-90%
          Wow! I think it was 70% when I was attending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
            They've added a couple a hundred administrators since then. Market forces.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

It depends who you talk to. 80% is the number I hear most often.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                They've added a couple a hundred administrators since then. Market forces.
                Right. And have you seen some of those mountain view offices? They ain't cheap!

Comment

That was a great episode. Especially the part with the greedy Stanford president.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It depends who you talk to. 80% is the number I hear most often.
                    BYU published that number along with the tuition rates. They didn't charge nonmembers 70% more though.

Comment

• I wonder how many Mormons on average are in Tony Finau's gallery in any given week. I was hanging out at club at the 8th hole yesterday and when Tony's group came through I saw four Mormon couples following them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                        I wonder how many Mormons on average are in Tony Finau's gallery in any given week. I was hanging out at club at the 8th hole yesterday and when Tony's group came through I saw four Mormon couples following them.
                        Did they have black name tags?
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          Did they have black name tags?
                          No, he was probably trying to see their underwear--sicko!

Comment

No, he was probably trying to see their underwear--sicko!
                            It was probably just their glows.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Is there a dumber song than Horse With No Name? I think not.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                                Is there a dumber song than Horse With No Name? I think not.
                                Ha. Agreed.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X