Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3075

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Re-watching Breaking Bad, and I inexplicably want to buy both a Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger. My dream as a kid was to own the General Lee, but there's no way I'd drive a car with the stars and bars on it. So I thought maybe it would be awesome to get a red Dodge Challenger, with the Stars and Stripes on top, with block lettering "General Grant" or even better "General Sherman" on the roof near the flag.
    Where you live, I'd be really ******* careful with that. Sherman was a cussword at my elementary school to some kids.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Re-watching Breaking Bad, and I inexplicably want to buy both a Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger. My dream as a kid was to own the General Lee, but there's no way I'd drive a car with the stars and bars on it. So I thought maybe it would be awesome to get a red Dodge Challenger, with the Stars and Stripes on top, with block lettering "General Grant" or even better "General Sherman" on the roof near the flag.
    Make it blue (army blue shade 451) and you have a great idea.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    Make it blue (army blue shade 451) and you have a great idea.
    Yes - make it blue and you're golden.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Instead of having to towel off after a shower or bath, how would it be to have an array of industrial-strength fans to blow the water off? It would reduce the need to launder so many towels.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Instead of having to towel off after a shower or bath, how would it be to have an array of industrial-strength fans to blow the water off? It would reduce the need to launder so many towels.
    Yeah, something like a car wash... that would save time getting ready for work in the morning.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

It gets chilly doing it that way. Water evaporating from our skin cools us.

There have been times when I have either biked to work, or used the workout room and forgot to bring a towel. Standing there air drying is no fun, and is an all-body chill.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    It gets chilly doing it that way. Water evaporating from our skin cools us.

There have been times when I have either biked to work, or used the workout room and forgot to bring a towel. Standing there air drying is no fun, and is an all-body chill.
    Good input. Maybe it would be best for the summer months. Maybe there needs to be some kind of heating element involved.
    - Goatnapper'96

One of my favorite things to see in basketball is when someone drives to the rim and yells "AND ONE!" as he misses the shot.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    One of my favorite things to see in basketball is when someone drives to the rim and yells "AND ONE!" as he misses the shot.
    when are you and carlos boozer getting married
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    when are you and carlos boozer getting married
    Got to wait for our GoFundMe to meet our goal.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Taiwan should be it's own country. The "People's" Republic of China are a bunch of bullies, crybabies, and fascists. Nixon was a coward.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Without wanting to trivialize a tragedy, when I heard about that poor woman (since deceased, apparently) who was partially sucked out the window of a Southwest jet, the first thing I thought of was Goldfinger. The second thing I thought of was to continue my habit of always staying buckled up in flight, and running as quickly as possible on the rare occasion I have to visit the head.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Without wanting to trivialize a tragedy, when I heard about that poor woman (since deceased, apparently) who was partially sucked out the window of a Southwest jet, the first thing I thought of was Goldfinger. The second thing I thought of was to continue my habit of always staying buckled up in flight, and running as quickly as possible on the rare occasion I have to visit the head.
    Apparently the woman wasn't completely sucked out the window. But a passenger did die on that flight. It may be from an heart attack from seeing the woman almost sucked out the window.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

That would be a very terrifying experience. I fly enough that I’ve experienced a lot, but one of the most interesting was on a flight from Ft lauderdale to Atlanta, there was a guy that had a heart attack. They found a nurse on the plane that helped but the plane, which was already almost to Atlanta made an emergency descent. The pilot literally pointed the plane down more than usual and we dropped fairly fast. We made a sharp turn to come around and land into the wind and I remember the force of the turn made me nauseous we turned so fast.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Apparently the woman wasn't completely sucked out the window. But a passenger did die on that flight. It may be from an heart attack from seeing the woman almost sucked out the window.
    The woman who died was hit by shrapnel from the exploding engine, but was not the one that almost got sucked out the window.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

I walked by two different Starbucks today and both times I thought the employees were racist...even the black ones.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Pre-Historic Man

Imagine the uproar here in the US if this decision were rendered.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43839655
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Imagine the uproar here in the US if this decision were rendered.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43839655
    Islam is so weird.

Every time I see someone out and about wearing sweat pants, I think to myself “What made you give up on life?”

It’s my mother’s fault.

When did my birthday turn into National Pot Smoking Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    It’s also Hitler’s birthday.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    It’s also Hitler’s birthday.
    Also Columbine Day.

Also my great grandfather's (and his great grandson's) day.

Also only a day after the OKC bombing and the Branch Davidian debacle.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Tomorrow is 4/25 day at Papa Murphy's. Cheese and pepperoni pizzas 4.25 all day. Go and support my son's first job!

From which store should we be ordering?

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Tomorrow is 4/25 day at Papa Murphy's. Cheese and pepperoni pizzas 4.25 all day. Go and support my son's first job!
    Not a big fan of the taste of Papa Murphy's.
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    From which store should we be ordering?
    PM me and I will disclose my son's location. Alternatively, you could paypal me and I'll order one on behalf of you.

You obviously haven't had one of my son's pizzas.

I gave my daughter some cranberry juice the other day. I told her that it has kind of a strange after taste. Her response: "Taste, Dad. It has a strange taste."

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I really hate President Trump, so why is it that I kind of hope he wins the Nobel Peace Price just to throw family members into a complete state of cognitive dissonance? (these are family members who thought Obama's prize was 100% deserved)

I think it's fascinating AF that the top of Mt. Everest is marine limestone.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    A little over twenty years ago.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson