Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    At least cities like Portland or Seattle have some natural barriers that inhibit sprawl. Boise just keeps on oozing outward. Like Phoenix, Denver, and um, many other cities west of the Mississippi.
    Sorry, not sorry.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      Intersting read... Traeger’s CEO on Cleaning Up a Toxic Culture

This part stood out:

I did not know Traeger is now HQ'd in Utah.
      it is for as long as trilantic wants it to be
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Fox and Friends was playing in the gym locker room this morning and you wouldn't believe the shit the liberals are trying to pull.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Fox and Friends was playing in the gym locker room this morning and you wouldn't believe the shit the liberals are trying to pull.
          YO is starting out strong this morning. Keep it coming brother! I got your back.

Comment

• Do vegans take antibiotics when they get a bacterial infection?
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

At least cities like Portland or Seattle have some natural barriers that inhibit sprawl. Boise just keeps on oozing outward. Like Phoenix, Denver, and um, many other cities west of the Mississippi.
              Boise, Meridian, Eagle all more or less stay in the valley, when they start building houses down south and over the hill near the prison that's when you'll know sprawl has happened in Boise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                Do vegans take antibiotics when they get a bacterial infection?
                I'm not sure, but I know it's an issue in Henderson.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  Do vegans take antibiotics when they get a bacterial infection?
                  i don’t think funk’s yeast infections are curing themselves
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Someday Redmond, Bend and Prineville will all be one city.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• I knew that Google is the unintentional misspelling of Googol, a really, really big number (10100), and that Brin and Page chose that name for their company because they expected Google one day would provide vast amounts of information. But how vast, one asks? Consider that the number of atoms in the known universe is estimated to be 1080, quite a bit smaller than a Googol. So yes, that's a lot of information.

Comment

• I had a thought this morning as I was driving to work that I thought was pretty random and then it occurred to me that I finally had a truly random thought I could contribute to this thread. And then I forgot it.

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                          Someday Redmond, Bend and Prineville will all be one city.
                          Not in our time!

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          I knew that Google is the unintentional misspelling of Googol, a really, really big number (10100), and that Brin and Page chose that name for their company because they expected Google one day would provide vast amounts of information. But how vast, one asks? Consider that the number of atoms in the known universe is estimated to be 1080, quite a bit smaller than a Googol. So yes, that's a lot of information.
                          I remember the first time learning that there were 1080 particles in the universe. That blew me away. I even tried to work that out a bit to convince myself that such a seemingly small number would be right. Emphasis on tried.

Exponents are crazy.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

I remember the first time learning that there were 1080 particles in the universe. That blew me away. I even tried to work that out a bit to convince myself that such a seemingly small number would be right. Emphasis on tried.

Exponents are crazy.
                            Try writing it out to see how big it is:

100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000

Comment

• Just for the record, a 32-bit floating point number in computer programming has a range of 3.4E+38 to +3.4E+38. By contrast a 64-bit floating point number has a range of -1.7E+308 to +1.7E+308. When teaching that concept I always tell folks "That is probably more than the number of atoms in the universe." Turns out I was right. By a mile!
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• What is crazy is that number isn't even atoms. Just particles. Crazy!
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X