No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever opted to do something IRL strictly due to something you’ve read here? Like every time I see a Dali picture of a cow flying through the air, I think of Cowboy. And I am seriously thinking of bicycling through the Jewish district in La Marais because there’s a place there that serves the best falafel in Paris

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      Have you ever opted to do something IRL strictly due to something you’ve read here? Like every time I see a Dali picture of a cow flying through the air, I think of Cowboy. And I am seriously thinking of bicycling through the Jewish district in La Marais because there’s a place there that serves the best falafel in Paris
      Bought a Traeger :rockon2:
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
        Same, though I did have some other influence on that prior to reading about it here.

Also, smoking various meats and side dishes on said Traeger.
        Also, started riding my bike again.
        Also, making homemade pizza.
        Also, probably a lot of other stuff.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Have you ever opted to do something IRL strictly due to something you’ve read here? Like every time I see a Dali picture of a cow flying through the air, I think of Cowboy. And I am seriously thinking of bicycling through the Jewish district in La Marais because there’s a place there that serves the best falafel in Paris
          Pretty much everything I do. I just want to fit in.

Comment

Several gave up on church.

Comment

• Didn't see this coming...

After Winning a $15 Minimum Wage, Fast Food Workers Now Battle Unfair Firings

New York City’s fast-food industry has served as a laboratory for the nation’s labor movement for the last several years.

Its workers were the first to stage rallies demanding a minimum wage of $15 an hour. Then, they pressed for changes in the way national restaurant chains set their work schedules.

Now, they are asking the City Council to shield them from being fired without a valid reason. That protection, the sort of job security that unions usually bargain for, would be a first for a city to provide to workers in a specific industry, labor law experts said.
              [...]
              https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/12/n...r-firings.html
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• What the hell, Boise? When did you become mini Phoenix?
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  What the hell, Boise? When did you become mini Phoenix?
                  Er, what?
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Er, what?
                    Maybe the thread title should include a reference to tourettes.

Comment

What the hell, Boise? When did you become mini Phoenix?
                      Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Er, what?
                      I, too, am curious as to the roots of this random thought.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                        Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        Same, though I did have some other influence on that prior to reading about it here.

Also, smoking various meats and side dishes on said Traeger.
                        Intersting read... Traeger’s CEO on Cleaning Up a Toxic Culture

This part stood out:

A few months later the private equity firm that had brought the company to my attention called again. It had since bought a stake in Traeger and partnered with the existing CEO. That hadn’t worked out, and the PE firm was looking for someone new to lead the company. By then I’d been searching for a buyout target for 10 months and was getting impatient, so I listened more carefully. The firm had done more research on Traeger; it had new data on the company’s Net Promoter Scores, which were off the charts. It turns out that people who buy a Traeger grill tend to talk it up to everyone they know, persuading friends to buy one too.
                        I did not know Traeger is now HQ'd in Utah.
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Er, what?
                          Well it is a random thought thread!

Just commenting on how big and spread out Boise is. Blech!
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Well it is a random thought thread!

Just commenting on how big and spread out Boise is. Blech!
                            You mean spread out, like, pretty much every other major city west of the Mississippi?
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              I did not know Traeger is now HQ'd in Utah.
                              I know the Controller. Great guy.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                                You mean spread out, like, pretty much every other major city west of the Mississippi?
                                At least cities like Portland or Seattle have some natural barriers that inhibit sprawl. Boise just keeps on oozing outward. Like Phoenix, Denver, and um, many other cities west of the Mississippi.
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X