Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3075

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

This made me feel a bit bad.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    This made me feel a bit bad.

Me too. My phone is way smaller than that.

Last night while driving home, a small spider parachuted from the ceiling of my car via a single strand of web. I knocked him to the passenger seat, and then, while trying to navigate the freeway entrance, tried to fling him out the window and not crash. I was only 50% sure he went out the window.

This morning on the my way to work I noticed a very thin strand of web between the A-pillar and the dash on the driver's side. For the rest of the drive I was sure I felt spiders crawling all over me.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Last night while driving home, a small spider parachuted from the ceiling of my car via a single strand of web. I knocked him to the passenger seat, and then, while trying to navigate the freeway entrance, tried to fling him out the window and not crash. I was only 50% sure he went out the window.

This morning on the my way to work I noticed a very thin strand of web between the A-pillar and the dash on the driver's side. For the rest of the drive I was sure I felt spiders crawling all over me.
    I'm glad you didn't die. I am glad spiders are tormenting you. I hope they continue to do so.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Turns out you can get a pretty good breakfast burrito at the federal courthouse.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

BT builds the UK’s first ‘unhackable’ quantum-secured network
    [...]
    The link is said to be ‘unhackable’ due to its reliance on the use of single particles of light (photons) to transmit encryption keys across the fibre. If this communication is intercepted, the sender will be able to detect that the link has been tampered with.

The stolen photons will then be unable to be used as part of the key, rendering the data stream totally incomprehensible. Equipment from ID Quantique is being used to transmit the encryption key as a stream of single photons.
    https://www.siliconrepublic.com/ente...ckable-network

Your move, NSA!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I'm sure there is a post in here somewhere when this originally happened (I can't find it), but the USMA cadet who graduated last year wearing a Che T-Shirt under his uniform and a "Communism will win" message under his uniform cap and then posted pictures of it on his Facebook page, has be kicked out of the Army with an "other than desirable" discharge.

I was pretty sure his career was a non-starter, but I'm a little surprised they actually kicked him out

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we...D=ansmsnnews11

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

I spent the last hour or so watching a lightning storm roll across the Great Salt Lake just to the south of us - just beautiful - better than the 4th of July fire works It's a nice way to spend a birthday evening. I hope it doesn't start Antelope Island on fire again
    Last edited by happyone; 07-10-2018 at 09:44 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    I spent the last hour or so watching a lightning storm roll across the Great Salt Lake just to the south of us - just beautiful - better than the 4th of July fire works It's a nice way to spend a birthday evening. I hope it doesn't start Antelope Island on fire again
    Happy belated birthday Happyone!
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

I learned a new word today: Whataboutism

Apparently it was recently added to The Oxford English Dictionary.

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post

Does the definition include a picture of Uncle Ted?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Does the definition include a picture of Uncle Ted?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post

you obviously haven't been on CB the past year.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    you obviously haven't been on CB the past year.
    Or ever.

Sometimes I type my texts to the missus into Google by mistake. Does that mean I might have a thing for Google Assistant?

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Not really a thought, but I wanted to mention that last night I re-watched The Hunt for Red October, a fine movie made around 1990. Those who have seen it will recall that the plan to defect to the United States was nearly foiled by an undercover KGB agent on board the ship. It didn't mean much when I saw the movie the first time, but the agent character's name is Putin. Prescient!

Man, why don't we have water slide?

Elevation Church Debuts Water Slide Baptismal

Regular attenders of Elevation Church reported being surprised Sunday morning when they were directed to the “new balcony entrance” for seating.

“We normally get there early so we can sit as close to pastor Steven as possible,” Marie Dotwiler told reporters. “We were all like, ‘What’s going on?'” They did not have to wonder for long.

Pastor Steven Furtick took the stage under a single spotlight, and after some coy banter, he reportedly announced that it was “Baptism Sunday,” but that this was “not your Mama’s Baptism Sunday.” At this cue, a giant water slide, stretching from the balcony down to a small pool of water, was unveiled from behind a large curtain as the worship band began performing TLC’s 1994 hit “Waterfalls.”

Those, like Marie Dotwiler, who had been ushered to the new entrance were directed one-by-one into the orange contraption and, with a push, sent hurtling toward the waters of baptism in screaming identification with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The church had hired auctioneers to stand along the sides of the slide and speedily utter the phrase, “I baptize you in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit” as the unsuspecting congregants whooshed by into the pool below.
    [...]
    At publishing time, the Elevation website reports that the church has broken its own record for the most baptisms in a single Sunday.
    https://babylonbee.com/news/elevatio...ide-baptismal/
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Wow
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Wow
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Wow
    Oh my — you don’t realize that’s a parody website like the Onion?

Lol @ JL.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I liked the line that the "church had hired auctioneers to stand along the sides of the slide and speedily utter [the baptismal prayer]."

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Oh my — you don’t realize that’s a parody website like the Onion?
    I didn't click on the link. Just read the excerpt.

Ha, my monday isn't going well so far.

But the picture makes it look so real.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Kudos to BYU Law:

Pepperdine and BYU are the Two Most Ideologically Balanced Law Schools

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_b...ools-2013.html
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Hey look, LAU is saying nice things about BYU, he must be a nice guy.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Hey look, LAU is saying nice things about BYU, he must be a nice guy.
    Grow up.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Grow up.
    Whoa! No need to get personal!

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Whoa! No need to get personal!
    ― W.H. Auden