Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 3,001 to 3,007 of 3007

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

This made me feel a bit bad.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    This made me feel a bit bad.

Me too. My phone is way smaller than that.

Last night while driving home, a small spider parachuted from the ceiling of my car via a single strand of web. I knocked him to the passenger seat, and then, while trying to navigate the freeway entrance, tried to fling him out the window and not crash. I was only 50% sure he went out the window.

This morning on the my way to work I noticed a very thin strand of web between the A-pillar and the dash on the driver's side. For the rest of the drive I was sure I felt spiders crawling all over me.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Last night while driving home, a small spider parachuted from the ceiling of my car via a single strand of web. I knocked him to the passenger seat, and then, while trying to navigate the freeway entrance, tried to fling him out the window and not crash. I was only 50% sure he went out the window.

This morning on the my way to work I noticed a very thin strand of web between the A-pillar and the dash on the driver's side. For the rest of the drive I was sure I felt spiders crawling all over me.
    I'm glad you didn't die. I am glad spiders are tormenting you. I hope they continue to do so.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Turns out you can get a pretty good breakfast burrito at the federal courthouse.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

BT builds the UK’s first ‘unhackable’ quantum-secured network
    [...]
    The link is said to be ‘unhackable’ due to its reliance on the use of single particles of light (photons) to transmit encryption keys across the fibre. If this communication is intercepted, the sender will be able to detect that the link has been tampered with.

The stolen photons will then be unable to be used as part of the key, rendering the data stream totally incomprehensible. Equipment from ID Quantique is being used to transmit the encryption key as a stream of single photons.
    https://www.siliconrepublic.com/ente...ckable-network

Your move, NSA!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I'm sure there is a post in here somewhere when this originally happened (I can't find it), but the USMA cadet who graduated last year wearing a Che T-Shirt under his uniform and a "Communism will win" message under his uniform cap and then posted pictures of it on his Facebook page, has be kicked out of the Army with an "other than desirable" discharge.

I was pretty sure his career was a non-starter, but I'm a little surprised they actually kicked him out

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we...D=ansmsnnews11

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."