Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Do any of you 80s children remember Apple Slice?

My daily lunch regimen in HS was 2 cheese quesadillas (50 cents each), a hostess Honeybun (50 cents), and an Apple Slice (50 cents). Smother quesadillas in hot sauce. $2 never tasted so delicious.

In retrospect, my cholesterol struggles are now clarifying themselves.
    Apple Slice was a great drink. Another delicious short-lived soft drink experiment was Crystal Pepsi. I still remember the commercials with VH's Right Now playing in the background. That ad was always on Channel One.

One of my favorite Junior High snack bar treats was the pink frosted sprinkle sugar cookie.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      Apple Slice was a great drink. Another delicious short-lived soft drink experiment was Crystal Pepsi. I still remember the commercials with VH's Right Now playing in the background. That ad was always on Channel One.

One of my favorite Junior High snack bar treats was the pink frosted sprinkle sugar cookie.
      That reminds me of the Mother's pink and white frosted animal cookies. Still one of my favorite sweets in the world.
      Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Crystal Pepsi. Pink Frosted Sprinkle Sugar Cookie. Soft Pretzel with Salt.

You have just described my HS staples. Somehow they made my shirt in my football locker smell like pee. We would all leave our shirts there all season to see how nasty they would get. That was gross.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

We had BLT's and corn on the cob for dinner. Tomatoes from the garden. I love this time of year.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            We had BLT's and corn on the cob for dinner. Tomatoes from the garden. I love this time of year.
            Ditto on loving this time of the year. I'm already lamenting the fact that it is getting darker outside earlier. There are some time/places/things that I would like to freeze frame forever.

Comment

Also, I wish I were either ten years younger or ten years older. Ten years younger would put me in a much more care free and insular world, ten older would give me a clearer picture of direction for my life. Sheesh.

Comment

Another delicious short-lived soft drink experiment was Crystal Pepsi.
                I'll see your Crystal Pepsi and raise you a 7up Gold. It wasn't delicious, though, it was gross.

Comment

I feel a deep sense of disappointment when people fail to catch my frequent BH 90210 references.
                  There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                  Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                  …
                  Tomorrow is Saturday
                  And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                    I feel a deep sense of disappointment when people fail to catch my frequent BH 90210 references.
                    I'm sorry....I only have superficial knowledge of its superficiality; that Jenny Garth was a real looker.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Someone unexpectedly put a plainsman muzzleloader flintlock .54 caliber rifle into my hands today. It was 5' long, freakin' heavy, and a 1851 replica. I didn't know what to do with it, and held it awkwardly and didnt even sight it. I'm such a goober sometimes.

Comment

Vernal, UT. What in the world is in Vernal, UT?
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Vernal, UT. What in the world is in Vernal, UT?
                          It sounds like some kind of disease.

Comment

The more I look at Sledgirl?'s avatar, the more I think she's trying to tell me something.
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

The other night on our run around Echo Park, Little Robin decided to stay in the car and read The Hobbit instead of come biking or running with us. I thought that was just fine, so I locked him inside and left him with a phone. Later, when I came back to the car, he looked up form his book, saw me, and unlocked the door. I thought, 'Cool, face recognition secure entry point.'

Comment

Guys, these thoughts aren't random enough.

I like turtles.
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                                X