No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of Apple Slice, what happened to slice in general? It was a very popular brand when I was a kid. Orange slice was very tasty as well, but there have been lots of orange sodas on the market. Apple slice was very good. What other flavors were there? Lemon-lime, sure. Grape? Idk.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Speaking of Apple Slice, what happened to slice in general? It was a very popular brand when I was a kid. Orange slice was very tasty as well, but there have been lots of orange sodas on the market. Apple slice was very good. What other flavors were there? Lemon-lime, sure. Grape? Idk.
      Cola, diet Cola, and Cherry Cola were a few others I remember. If memory serves me right, Slice was purchased by Pepsi, who then discontinued all flavors but lemon-lime and orange. Within the last decade, Pepsi replaced Slice lemon lime with Sierra Mist, and Orange Slice with Orange Tropicana Twister.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

This stuff is making my mouth water just thinking about it. Curse you, pavlovian response!

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Next time you're in an Asian grocery store, look for the Taiwan Apple Soda. Our local place in Ohio has it, so I assume it's easy to come by in less Heartland of America-type places.

It looks like this:

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Next time you're in an Asian grocery store, look for the Taiwan Apple Soda. Our local place in Ohio has it, so I assume it's easy to come by in less Heartland of America-type places.
            By 'less Heartland', I assume you mean 'less backasswards' American-type places than Dayton?

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
              By 'less Heartland', I assume you mean 'less backasswards' American-type places than Dayton?
              Odd, but we don't arrest gay people for kissing in Dayton. Do they do that where you live?

Comment

Odd, but we don't arrest gay people for kissing in Dayton. Do they do that where you live?
                Smackdown!!!
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

You need more than one to have a ksising issue.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

RainX worked really well on my windshield today. Five-hour drive...five different rain storms.

I'm sitting at my father's desk in my childhood home, typing on his keyboard, on his computer.....it's not easy to do. We found one of his fingernails in the drawer...he was cremated, so this is pretty much all that's left of his mortal remains.............fuck! I hate that he's gone.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Look, people... don't judge me just because I think olives don't belong on a pizza.
                      Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

I made breakfast.

Eggs + Bacon + Spinach + Garlic Salt + Parmesan Cheese + Mozzarella = delicious breakfast sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                          I made breakfast.

Eggs + Bacon + Spinach + Garlic Salt + Parmesan Cheese + Mozzarella = delicious breakfast sandwich.
                          Nice to hear that you are looking out for your health!

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                            I made breakfast.

Where in all of that is the sandwich part?
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It looks like this:

That stuff takes me back. Fond memories as a youth going to do baptisms for the dead and then stopping in for dumplings at Dong Men's right near the Taipei temple. Gorging on endless amounts of steamed, fried, and boiled dumplings, and then washing it all down with Apple Sidra.

People, if you are ever in Taipei and near the temple, you have to hit up Dong Men's. The best dumplings on the entire island. Ask any of the temple workers, they can tell you where it is and how to get there.

Comment

My mom pays $220 a month to store junk. It's only worth about $10k. It's been in there for 5 years. I'm going to try to and help her make sense of how expensive the junk is today.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X