Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I'm sorry....I only have superficial knowledge of its superficiality; that Jenny Garth was a real looker.
    I went out with a girl and half way through my date, she started talking about celebrities. At the time, Jenny Garth was so hott!, so I mentioned that she was right near the top of my list. She smiled and said 'A lot of people say that I look like her.' I smiled back, paused, and told her where we were going to go out to eat.

Just because you are small, cute and blonde, does not mean you are hott! like the Ms. Jenny Garth. Sheesh, the nerve!

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      If you see the word "yawn" in a post, does it make you yawn in real life?
      I haven't decided if it is because you put 'yawn' in the post or because it was post from you, but I did yawn!

Comment

If you see the word "yawn" in a post, does it make you yawn in real life?
        I yawn when I see the word "YOhio" in a post.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
          I haven't decided if it is because you put 'yawn' in the post or because it was post from you, but I did yawn!
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I yawn when I see the word "YOhio" in a post.
          Wishful thinking you two. Now shut your mouths.

Comment

Wishful thinking you two. Now shut your mouths.
            By the mouths of two or three witnesses.....

sigpic

Comment

Did I leave the iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                Did I leave the iron on?
                no, but why is your garage door open?

Comment

I love looking at other people's vegetable gardens when I drive by their houses. I'm glad that they're having success.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I love looking at other people's vegetable gardens when I drive by their houses. I'm glad that they're having success.
                    Is vegetable garden a euphemism?
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                      no, but why is your garage door open?
                      It was an Airplane! hack. Stephen Stucker's classic goofy character.

sigpic

Comment

I think I'm going to lose every single tree this year. I don't know if it was the heat or what. My mad skillz as an arborcide are well established, but this year I've truly outdone myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          I think I'm going to lose every single tree this year. I don't know if it was the heat or what. My mad skillz as an arborcide are well established, but this year I've truly outdone myself.
                          Three weeks of 100F heat will tax even the strongest of trees. It's not you; it's them.

And no, vegetable garden isn't a euphemism. Now, a rose garden, which I never promised you,.........Stat rosa pristina nomine; nomina nuda tenemus.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Can Gillette possibly improve the Fusion Power? I don't think they can, but we shall see.

Comment

Yesterday, a student of mine invited me to go skydiving with him in January, to celebrate his 25th birthday. I asked him how much it would cost, and he said that a tandem jump would cost about $200, and a video recording of the jump, as proof that one had actually done it, might cost an additional $100. I told my student that the $200 was fine, but that my post-jump boxer shorts would provide all of the evidence of the jump that I would ever need.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                Do any of you 80s children remember Apple Slice?

My daily lunch regimen in HS was 2 cheese quesadillas (50 cents each), a hostess Honeybun (50 cents), and an Apple Slice (50 cents). Smother quesadillas in hot sauce. $2 never tasted so delicious.

In retrospect, my cholesterol struggles are now clarifying themselves.

Apple Slice was awesome. It was, hands down, my favorite soda as a child. I was pretty bummed when they stopped making it.

When I was in 6th grade, Shasta came out with a line of Super Mario themed sodas. Much to my delight, Yoshi Apple tasted exactly like Apple Slice. It was annoying that it only came in 6 oz cans, but it was a small price to pay for Apple Slice. Unfortunately, the Super Mario sodas only lasted about a year.

On my mission in Guatemala, I enjoyed many an Apple Fanta, which was the color of liquid Kryptonite. It had a bitter aftertaste which made it not as enjoyable as Apple Slice or Yoshi Apple.

Now they have that Manzanita Sol stuff, which is ok, but not as good as either of the above.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X