No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were they not serving food in your class?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      were they not serving food in your class?
      Of course they did. Bag of pretzels.

Plus I got the benefit of being on a Miami to Charlotte flight the day before the ACC championship game. About 100 Canes fans on the plane.

Comment

• You know that movie Crossroaads where Stevie Vai plays the devil's guitarist and Ralph Macchio plays the karate kid with a guitar (or something like that) and they have a guitar duel? In the movie Macchio (or the person playing for macchio) wins and Vai walks away in shame and defeat. I never understood it because it seemed really clear to me that Vai was the better guitar player. He is/was amazing. IOW, the devil got robbed and should have been given the victory.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          You know that movie Crossroaads where Stevie Vai plays the devil's guitarist and Ralph Macchio plays the karate kid with a guitar (or something like that) and they have a guitar duel? In the movie Macchio (or the person playing for macchio) wins and Vai walks away in shame and defeat. I never understood it because it seemed really clear to me that Vai was the better guitar player. He is/was amazing. IOW, the devil got robbed and should have been given the victory.
          steve vai is the worst. hey steve your stupid ibanez guitars and wraparound sunglasses are stupid.

Comment

steve vai is the worst. hey steve your stupid ibanez guitars and wraparound sunglasses are stupid.
            I am not a huge fan of those ibanez guitars, and the seven string thing he did was pointless, but he can wear whatever sunglasses he wants. Of course, I dont have your coolness level. Vai is weird, but the worst? That's amusing.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
              I am not a huge fan of those ibanez guitars, and the seven string thing he did was pointless, but he can wear whatever sunglasses he wants. Of course, I dont have your coolness level. Vai is weird, but the worst? That's amusing.
              we get it steve you can play scales very fast

Comment

• see also satriani and that autistic nerd joe bonamassa.

Comment

see also satriani and that autistic nerd joe bonamassa.
                  OK, that was funny.

He is an amazing talent, but his music doesn't hold up well.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

we get it steve you can play scales very fast
                    Yes, he can. fast and clean.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      OK, that was funny.

He is an amazing talent, but his music doesn't hold up well.
                      leave it to him to take soul out of the blues. his whole schtick is terrible.

Comment

leave it to him to take soul out of the blues. his whole schtick is terrible.
                        Yeah, that is the problem. Too mechanical. Like a robot playing the blues.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Remember, it was a guitar duel where they had to imitate each other's previous riff, at least at the beginning. Macchio pulled out a classical guitar riff at the end, and Vai couldn't pull it off. Vai left in shame. In that instance, Macchio clearly was the better guitar player.

OG's dissing on clearly talented guitar players is funny and sort of true. Talented they are. Just not talented or cool enough to make it past breaking down riffs of better guitar players on the back pages of obscure guitar magazines.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Look at this picture. Even he is amazed at how amazing he is.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Is there a stupider restaurant concept than Zaxby's? The entire menu is texas toast and chicken strips. Their chicken doesn't taste as good as Chick-fil-a (probably because it's not laced with MSG) and if you get a sandwich it's 90% bread. Why the crap would anyone use texas toast for anything but french toast?

No suprise that the Zaxby's restaurants in Utah are struggling to stay in business.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                                Is there a stupider restaurant concept than Zaxby's? The entire menu is texas toast and chicken strips. Their chicken doesn't taste as good as Chick-fil-a (probably because it's not laced with MSG) and if you get a sandwich it's 90% bread. Why the crap would anyone use texas toast for anything but french toast?

No suprise that the Zaxby's restaurants in Utah are struggling to stay in business.
                                Zaxbys is terrible. Can’t believe they are still in business anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X