No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m a little bit afraid of any Utahan under the age of 50 who chooses the In God We Trust license plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      I’m a little bit afraid of any Utahan under the age of 50 who chooses the In God We Trust license plate.
      I'm a little bit afraid of any Utahn who doesn't know the correct spelling of Utahn.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        I’m a little bit afraid of any Utahan under the age of 50 who chooses the In God We Trust license plate.
        Is that the flag plate? They seem to be a political statement in opposition to the NFL kneeling thing.

Comment

• As solid a hard rock ballad "Home Sweet Home" is, Crue's "Without You" is even better. It's a shame every kid who grew up in the 80's knows how to play Home Sweet Home on the piano, yet Without You is largely forgotten.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• It's a brave new world in rural Oregon where they can actually - wait for it - pump. their. own. gas. Be careful out there, HFN:

From a Forbes article
            But even this tiny increase in freedom was apparently too much for some Oregonians. In a Facebook post that’s now gone viral, local news station KTVL polled their fans for their thoughts about the new law. Some did not take the news well.

Here are a few premium selections:

“Many people are not capable of knowing how to pump gas and the hazards of not doing it correctly. Besides I don't want to go to work smelling of gas when I get it on my hands or clothes. I agree Very bad idea.”

“I don't even know HOW to pump gas and I am 62, native Oregonian.....I say NO THANKS! I don't want to smell like gasoline!”

“I've lived in this state all my life and I REFUSE to pump my own gas. I had to do it once in California while visiting my brother and almost died doing it. This a service only qualified people should perform. I will literally park at the pump and wait until someone pumps my gas. I can't even”
            sigpic
            "Outlined against a blue, gray
            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
              It's a brave new world in rural Oregon where they can actually - wait for it - pump. their. own. gas. Be careful out there, HFN:

From a Forbes article
              For some reason Baker and few other small outposts have been allowed to pump-your-own [emoji849] after a certain time (9-10pm) for a few years.

Comment

It's a brave new world in rural Oregon where they can actually - wait for it - pump. their. own. gas. Be careful out there, HFN:

From a Forbes article
                I think they will be ok pumping their own gas... After they figure out how that gas thingie works:

dsgxy6u285801.jpg
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

From a Forbes article
                  I travel to two rural Oregon counties on occasion. I CANNOT WAIT to pump my own gas when I go next time. The freedom, denied for so long, when it breaks free, will be a glorious thing to behold.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    I think they will be ok pumping their own gas... After they figure out how that gas thingie works:

[ATTACH]8466[/ATTACH]
                    Sometimes that is the only nozzle position that will let gas flow at the maximum rate into my 2005 Mustang without continually clicking off. I don't know why many nozzles are just fine in that car but some have some sort of back pressure issue.

Comment

• We were in Chile this past summer where they view pumping gas like some older Oregonians do. Honestly, it was weird to have these odd guys come out and stand there leering at you while the gas pumped into the car. I think I prefer doing it myself.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• My inlaws live in rural Oregon and have always pumped their own gas. Of course, their town has a co-op that was exempt from the old law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          My inlaws live in rural Oregon and have always pumped their own gas. Of course, their town has a co-op that was exempt from the old law.

So basically your story adds no value to the conversation. Might as well have said "My in-laws live in Maryland and have always pumped their own gas. Of course, their state is not Oregon so they are exempt from the old law."
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I always stopped at the Arrowhead gas station on the Umatilla reservation when passing through Oregon because I could pump my own gas there.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              So basically your story adds no value to the conversation. Might as well have said "My in-laws live in Maryland and have always pumped their own gas. Of course, their state is not Oregon so they are exempt from the old law."
                              Do I add value to any conversation?

I’m just pointing out that not all Oregonians have been brainwashed into thinking pumping gas is hard or dangerous.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                Do I add value to any conversation?

I’m just pointing out that not all Oregonians have been brainwashed into thinking pumping gas is hard or dangerous.

And I'm just yanking your chain (not THAT chain, sickos!)
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X