Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Re-watching Breaking Bad, and I inexplicably want to buy both a Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger. My dream as a kid was to own the General Lee, but there's no way I'd drive a car with the stars and bars on it. So I thought maybe it would be awesome to get a red Dodge Challenger, with the Stars and Stripes on top, with block lettering "General Grant" or even better "General Sherman" on the roof near the flag.
    Where you live, I'd be really ******* careful with that. Sherman was a cussword at my elementary school to some kids.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
      Re-watching Breaking Bad, and I inexplicably want to buy both a Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger. My dream as a kid was to own the General Lee, but there's no way I'd drive a car with the stars and bars on it. So I thought maybe it would be awesome to get a red Dodge Challenger, with the Stars and Stripes on top, with block lettering "General Grant" or even better "General Sherman" on the roof near the flag.
      Make it blue (army blue shade 451) and you have a great idea.
      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
        Make it blue (army blue shade 451) and you have a great idea.
        Yes - make it blue and you're golden.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Instead of having to towel off after a shower or bath, how would it be to have an array of industrial-strength fans to blow the water off? It would reduce the need to launder so many towels.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Instead of having to towel off after a shower or bath, how would it be to have an array of industrial-strength fans to blow the water off? It would reduce the need to launder so many towels.
            Yeah, something like a car wash... that would save time getting ready for work in the morning.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              Instead of having to towel off after a shower or bath, how would it be to have an array of industrial-strength fans to blow the water off? It would reduce the need to launder so many towels.
              It gets chilly doing it that way. Water evaporating from our skin cools us.

There have been times when I have either biked to work, or used the workout room and forgot to bring a towel. Standing there air drying is no fun, and is an all-body chill.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                It gets chilly doing it that way. Water evaporating from our skin cools us.

There have been times when I have either biked to work, or used the workout room and forgot to bring a towel. Standing there air drying is no fun, and is an all-body chill.
                Good input. Maybe it would be best for the summer months. Maybe there needs to be some kind of heating element involved.
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• One of my favorite things to see in basketball is when someone drives to the rim and yells "AND ONE!" as he misses the shot.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    One of my favorite things to see in basketball is when someone drives to the rim and yells "AND ONE!" as he misses the shot.
                    when are you and carlos boozer getting married
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      when are you and carlos boozer getting married
                      Got to wait for our GoFundMe to meet our goal.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Taiwan should be it's own country. The "People's" Republic of China are a bunch of bullies, crybabies, and fascists. Nixon was a coward.
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Without wanting to trivialize a tragedy, when I heard about that poor woman (since deceased, apparently) who was partially sucked out the window of a Southwest jet, the first thing I thought of was Goldfinger. The second thing I thought of was to continue my habit of always staying buckled up in flight, and running as quickly as possible on the rare occasion I have to visit the head.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            Without wanting to trivialize a tragedy, when I heard about that poor woman (since deceased, apparently) who was partially sucked out the window of a Southwest jet, the first thing I thought of was Goldfinger. The second thing I thought of was to continue my habit of always staying buckled up in flight, and running as quickly as possible on the rare occasion I have to visit the head.
                            Apparently the woman wasn't completely sucked out the window. But a passenger did die on that flight. It may be from an heart attack from seeing the woman almost sucked out the window.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• That would be a very terrifying experience. I fly enough that I’ve experienced a lot, but one of the most interesting was on a flight from Ft lauderdale to Atlanta, there was a guy that had a heart attack. They found a nurse on the plane that helped but the plane, which was already almost to Atlanta made an emergency descent. The pilot literally pointed the plane down more than usual and we dropped fairly fast. We made a sharp turn to come around and land into the wind and I remember the force of the turn made me nauseous we turned so fast.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                Apparently the woman wasn't completely sucked out the window. But a passenger did die on that flight. It may be from an heart attack from seeing the woman almost sucked out the window.
                                The woman who died was hit by shrapnel from the exploding engine, but was not the one that almost got sucked out the window.
                                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                                X