Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    Every time I go there I want to get a bumper sticker that says "Utah - Love it or Leave it".
    After spending three days in Utah, I think I need a bumper sticker that says "Utah - The Worst Drivers in the West". It was such a relief to get back to Idaho.

Comment

After spending three days in Utah, I think I need a bumper sticker that says "Utah - The Worst Drivers in the West". It was such a relief to get back to Idaho.
      It's cheap to make stickers Scott. Why don't you start putting them out and they'll go over like gangbusters. Btw, I've seen a few Idaho drivers struggle with the big freeways.

Comment

• My favorite is when people from one side of the Point of the Mountain point their fingers at the drivers from the other side.

Oh brother.

Comment

• Scott hitting all the stereotypes for someone from Boise. Impressive.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Scott hitting all the stereotypes for someone from Boise. Impressive.
            Personally, I like driving in Utah. Almost doesn't matter how far over the speed limit I drive - somebody is going to be flying past me.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Scott hitting all the stereotypes for someone from Boise. Impressive.
              I spent 30 years in California. Idaho is a new thing for me. I've driven in all of the western states multiple times and other than the Las Vegas area, Utah drivers stand out as being especially rude and aggressive.

Comment

I spent 30 years in California. Idaho is a new thing for me. I've driven in all of the western states multiple times and other than the Las Vegas area, Utah drivers stand out as being especially rude and aggressive.
                Ok, chief.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It isn't their fault... the lack of good highway infrastructure makes them that way.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• My refrigerator's ice maker stopped making ice over a year ago. I tried a bunch of stuff to get it working again, but no luck. We've been buying ice like chumps for all that time.

This week, the ice maker started back up again. It's making ice like an 18 year old kid. Can't figure it out.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      My refrigerator's ice maker stopped making ice over a year ago. I tried a bunch of stuff to get it working again, but no luck. We've been buying ice like chumps for all that time.

This week, the ice maker started back up again. It's making ice like an 18 year old kid. Can't figure it out.
                      that happened to one of our refrigerators. just stopped working one day, freezer, ice maker, everything else worked. but the fridge didn't. was out for about 6 months and one day just started working again. this was about a year and a half ago and it still works.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Shame on you husbands for allowing these defective machines to keep existing. I would have tossed them to the curb immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          Shame on you husbands for allowing these defective machines to keep existing. I would have tossed them to the curb immediately.
                          i'm a bad husband, and much of that fact has to do with me possessing next to zero handyman skills, but the fridge thing didn't even register. it's an overflow fridge out in the garage and we mostly use its freezer anyway. didn't really miss it much for those 6 months.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                            Shame on you husbands for allowing these defective machines to keep existing. I would have tossed them to the curb immediately.
                            Its not defective anymore.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              i'm a bad husband, and much of that fact has to do with me possessing next to zero handyman skills, but the fridge thing didn't even register. it's an overflow fridge out in the garage and we mostly use its freezer anyway. didn't really miss it much for those 6 months.
                              There are no "bad" husbands. Only husbands where the wife is too lazy to tell him what she wants done. Men's default mode is c'est la vie.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                My refrigerator's ice maker stopped making ice over a year ago. I tried a bunch of stuff to get it working again, but no luck. We've been buying ice like chumps for all that time.

Honeymoon is over. No more ice.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X