No announcement yet.

"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shift, Bradley wrote in a letter to the Trustees, brings the U. "more in line" with...Utah State University.
    :thumbsup:

Comment

• Oh dear Solon, you're spending way too much time over there.

Sounding more and more like LA predicting BYU's ultimate demise.

Originally posted by Solon on ub5 View Post
      I'm pretty sure that the Native-American Lamanites win out by the end of the story, their rivals killed by the hundreds-of-thousands, the cities of their rivals conquered, the civilization of their rivals ground into dust, with only an obscure, unprovenanced record written in an otherwise unattested language to remind a mostly indifferent world that the Nephites once contended for & won Heisman Trophies & National Championships.

Like the Junkers, the Etruscans, the Blefuscudians, Roy Hobbs, and Army Football, the true tragedy emerges when only the historians and the elderly remember how great you used to be.

As in all Tragedies, the byu's Destiny is inescapable and ineluctable and horrifying to the audience (with a cathartic relief that we onlookers won't suffer a similar fate).

The march to antiquarian obscurity is cruel indeed.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Oh dear Solon, you're spending way too much time over there.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          He caught the LApUke

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              That's funny

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                Oh dear Solon, you're spending way too much time over there.

Unfortunately that is well done.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  He caught the LApUke
                  He had always had it. He is two-faced very similar to Laute. LA-lite...
                  *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    He had always had it. He is two-faced very similar to Laute. LA-lite...
                    LOL.
                    Sorry fellas. It's Rivalry Week.

Unsurprisingly, MBN didn't offer any context. That is my interpretation of the Jim McMahon-as-Nephi Photoshop job. I am just taking the idea to its logical conclusion.

I'm not two-faced, CJ. I am respectful.
                    This is a byu board. I am respectful of my byu friends on their site.

Plus, it's all in fun.
                    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
                      LOL.
                      Sorry fellas. It's Rivalry Week.

Unsurprisingly, MBN didn't offer any context. That is my interpretation of the Jim McMahon-as-Nephi Photoshop job. I am just taking the idea to its logical conclusion.

I'm not two-faced, CJ. I am respectful.
                      This is a byu board. I am respectful of my byu friends on their site.

Plus, it's all in fun.
                      Apology not accepted.

Comment

• Trying to help you avoid the LA fate.

Eight words: "What e'er though art, act well thy part."

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Apology not accepted.
                          I don't think it was sincere anyway.
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Too many teeth for uofutah fans, so who are these guys supposed to be?

Comment

• Ho hum.

2015’s Best & Worst College Cities & Towns in America

Comment

• West Jordan, UT is a college town? Who knew?

Maybe Blueintheface can tell us who the home team is...

Comment

Working...
                                X