"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I would. in fact, I think it would surprise pretty much everyone if Utah were playing for the Pac 12 title "every 5 years or so."
    I would say that Utah will have a chance to compete for a divisional championship every 3 years - a year where they have a bunch of good, experienced upperclassmen in key positions such as this year. Once every 10-20 years or so the stars might align and they get to the CCG.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• I see a few people bashing Travis Wilson. I don't think they realize the terrible QB history up at the U.

Just for comparisons sake, true freshman Tanner Mangum currently has a PER of 142.

2015- Travis Wilson- 127

2014- Travis Wilson- 134
      Thompson- 118

2013- Wilson- 129
      Schulz- 110

2012- Wilson-122
      Hays- 131
      Wynn- 132

2011-Hays- 124
      Wynn- 123

2010- Cain- 137
      Wynn- 139

2009- Cain- 137
      Wynn- 130

2008- BJ- 148

2007- BJ- 129
      Grady- 106

2006- Ratliff- 133

They have a history of terrible QBs. Not sure who recruits the QBs but they clearly can't evaluate talent.
      *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
        I would say that Utah will have a chance to compete for a divisional championship every 3 years - a year where they have a bunch of good, experienced upperclassmen in key positions such as this year. Once every 10-20 years or so the stars might align and they get to the CCG.
        Even if you accept a three year cycle based on Utah's merits alone (which I don't), how often would that three year cycle coincide with a historically weak year for the conference, such as this year? Not often. This is the best shot they're going to have in a long time and they completely blew it.

I'm diminishing Utah's season!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          Even if you accept a three year cycle based on Utah's merits alone (which I don't), how often would that three year cycle coincide with a historically weak year for the conference, such as this year? Not often. This is the best shot they're going to have in a long time and they completely blew it.

I'm diminishing Utah's season!
          Agree, hence my stars aligning comment. The stars aligned for them pretty well in 2011 as well.

As far as diminishing seasons, if I am a Ute fan I am pretty satisfied with how this football year went.
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            I see a few people bashing Travis Wilson. I don't think they realize the terrible QB history up at the U.

Just for comparisons sake, true freshman Tanner Mangum currently has a PER of 142.

2015- Travis Wilson- 127

2014- Travis Wilson- 134
            Thompson- 118

2013- Wilson- 129
            Schulz- 110

2012- Wilson-122
            Hays- 131
            Wynn- 132

2011-Hays- 124
            Wynn- 123

2010- Cain- 137
            Wynn- 139

2009- Cain- 137
            Wynn- 130

2008- BJ- 148

2007- BJ- 129
            Grady- 106

2006- Ratliff- 133

They have a history of terrible QBs. Not sure who recruits the QBs but they clearly can't evaluate talent.
            this should go in the Ouch! thread. Ouch!
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
              Agree, hence my stars aligning comment. The stars aligned for them pretty well in 2011 as well.

As far as diminishing seasons, if I am a Ute fan I am pretty satisfied with how this football year went.
              I wouldn't be. I know 9-3 before the season would have been considered a success. But just like you should adjust your expectations down when things go wrong in a season, you should also adjust them up when things go your way. After they blasted Oregon and everyone in the South kept losing, it should have been CCG or bust.

Comment

I wouldn't be. I know 9-3 before the season would have been considered a success. But just like you should adjust your expectations down when things go wrong in a season, you should also adjust them up when things go your way. After they blasted Oregon and everyone in the South kept losing, it should have been CCG or bust.
                it was, hence bust.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  I see a few people bashing Travis Wilson. I don't think they realize the terrible QB history up at the U.

2015- Travis Wilson- 127

2014- Travis Wilson- 134
                  Thompson- 118

2013- Wilson- 129
                  Schulz- 110

2012- Wilson-122
                  Hays- 131
                  Wynn- 132

2011-Hays- 124
                  Wynn- 123

2010- Cain- 137
                  Wynn- 139

2009- Cain- 137
                  Wynn- 130

2008- BJ- 148

2007- BJ- 129
                  Grady- 106

2006- Ratliff- 133

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit
                    Correct. You have to kill the shit producer to make the salad.

Is it possible to make salad sound even less appetizing?
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      it was, hence bust.
                      Haha, you Jokers! Cougs calling out cougs for not expressing sufficient Utah-hate? Go ahead and excommunicate them for sympathizing with "apostates!"

PAC12 SOUTH CO-CHAMPS, BABY!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wally View Post
                        Haha, you Jokers! Cougs calling out cougs for not expressing sufficient Utah-hate? Go ahead and excommunicate them for sympathizing with "apostates!"

Hey, this isn't about hate! If I wanted to talk about Utah hate, I'd just say that I wish the meteor that JL is always calling down on Ohio State would hit RES and that the campus would burn to the ground.

Note to mpfunk: I don't actually wish a meteor would hit RES. That would be sad...mostly because a significant meteor strike at RES would surely cause some damage to BYU as well. But I guess a lot of Utah students would die which would also be kind of sad.

Comment

Hey, this isn't about hate! If I wanted to talk about Utah hate, I'd just say that I wish the meteor that JL is always calling down on Ohio State would hit RES and that the campus would burn to the ground.

Note to mpfunk: I don't actually wish a meteor would hit RES. That would be sad...mostly because a significant meteor strike at RES would surely cause some damage to BYU as well. But I guess a lot of Utah students would die which would also be kind of sad.
                          Only because most of them are BYU fans.
                          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Just kind of.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by wally View Post

It feels good to be the co-champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post

It feels good to be the co-champ.
                                Of the south.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X