"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    The bigger question is whether Utah will be changing their placard signals. Or just huddling up.
    Ha I remember a couple of seasons ago when you dropped a huge bomb on the board by revealing that those signs were actually plays being called in from the sidelines. That was a huge missing piece to the puzzle for me.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      And the Utes to win the Pac-12 South!

I'm now seeing the USC game as a 60/40 game. USC is at home and has a lot of talent and sadly they are being coached by someone who is sober. It is fine, we will still be top 10 even with a loss.
      I see what you're doing here and it won't work. Utah will still lose.

Comment

• The Utes being underdogs is mind boggling and downright wrong. USC is a mess right now. I can't imagine them scoring more than 14 points on the Utes and you know Utah will at least get 3-4 short fields and score more than 14 points. I'm guessing the final score will be 18-14 with the Utes staying ranked #7
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          The Utes being underdogs is mind boggling and downright wrong. USC is a mess right now. I can't imagine them scoring more than 14 points on the Utes and you know Utah will at least get 3-4 short fields and score more than 14 points. I'm guessing the final score will be 18-14 with the Utes staying ranked #7
          You should put some money on Utah. A little financial windfall might help ease the pain of that self-loathing of yours.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            You should put some money on Utah. A little financial windfall might help ease the pain of that self-loathing of yours.
            I would but I don't gamble
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

It has been a rough year for BYU fans so far.

Utah basketball beats BYU again and Krystkowiak ends up having a season equal to anything that Dave Rose has accomplished in his time at BYU when he made the Sweet 16.

The hype from the first 2 games of the season and the fall in the next 2 games.

After BYU's fall, Utah starts to get talk about being a playoff team, rockets up the top 25, and now sits at 3rd in the nation. Utah is in the driver's seat of the Pac-12 South with a 2 game lead.

The NBA career of Jimmer Fredette is now on life support. He has his 2nd DNP-CD in a row for the Spurs in the preseason. I'm sure it is all the coaches fault again. I would have never guessed that Fredette would have been out of the NBA before Andre Miller.

Now my BYU fan friends, I hate to admit it but I think you may be seeing some bright side soon. I'm not expecting a Ute win on Saturday. I really do think that USC will win the game. They have a ton of talent and their head coach isn't taking shots of Fireball on the sidelines anymore. That should end the playoff talk for awhile for the Utes and put them closer to 10th in the nation. The good news, I still think the Utes win the Pac-12 South. Beat Stanford in the title game and it is off to the Rose Bowl. I'll take that season.
              Funk's failed trolling attempt reminds me of one of my favorite Key and Peele sketches.

https://vimeo.com/channels/keypeele/80117014
              Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-21-2015, 07:03 PM.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                also the exact kind of stuff whitt puts up in the locker room
                Nobody here is dumb enough to think locker room stuff makes any difference are we? Nothing is more overhyped than "bulletin board" material.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Also, you know better than this. Vegas lines have nothing to do with national respect or lack thereof. Is to create an active market betting on both teams. This just tells me that there are more USC fans that are degenerate gamblers than Ute fans.
                  Actually that line says the exact opposite. If they were trying to entice the gamblers from the USC side then USC would be getting points.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    Actually that line says the exact opposite. If they were trying to entice the gamblers from the USC side then USC would be getting points.
                    I meant to make that exact point. In fact, the line has moved from 3 to 4 implies the sharps think SC was undervalued initially by Vegas. With all that said, I know one wise guy who is betting Utah, so he can win either financially or emotionally, regardless of the outcome.

Comment

Nobody here is dumb enough to think locker room stuff makes any difference are we? Nothing is more overhyped than "bulletin board" material.
                      While it might be over-hyped, I certainly think it can make a difference.
                      Emotion and motivation are always a part of games, and the preparation that precedes it.
                      I intend to live forever.
                      So far, so good.
                      --Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
                        While it might be over-hyped, I certainly think it can make a difference.
                        Emotion and motivation are always a part of games, and the preparation that precedes it.
                        Not with today's coddled athlete. They probably couldn't even make it through basic training.

Comment

Of course they think it helps. The bottom line is that talent will win out 95% of the time.

I can see it now, some 19 year old defensive end is digging in beige every play thinking "those bitches in Vegas don't respect us, I'll show them!"
                          *Banned*

Comment

"locker room stuff"? what does that even mean? motivation matters, especially on the margins and on the road. whitt is a good motivator of players who seems to think it helps his team perform when they feel disrespected.
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              "locker room stuff"? what does that even mean?
                              I'm guessing he means putting opposing team's logo on the floor to "walk all over them" , using them as urinal cakes, on the tacking dummy or taping unfavorable out of context quotes on player's lockers. Stuff like that.

Comment

• Well, this may explain why the MUSS is louder than the ROC: http://www.sltrib.com/home/3090829-1...der-the-howler

This must be the impressive aspect of Utah's research university status that enticed the PAC10 to extend its invitation.

Comment

Working...
                                X