"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wally View Post
    It might not be Armageddon. I was just a little hyped up on the tent city thread.

Also, I had a near death experience where it was revealed to me that you would e a d.
    lol. I've already earned a diploma. Multiple diplomas actually. Your predictions keep getting bolder and bolder.

Comment

This is what I love about the rivalry. One team starts to out perform the other, and receive national attention (usually BYU) and the opposing teams fan base can't resort to scoreboard smack (Because they have an AD and HC who are scared) so they start grasping at straws and pulling the moral superiority card. BYU is "dirty" did you see that hit by 190 pound Jordan Preator who was about to take on a 260 pound tight end one on one so he went low. What a dirty player. Obviously they don't teach leverage at the U, hence the reason Sack Lake City, currently has a population of 1 through 2 games. Or they bring out the "Thug" and team discipline card.

"Nacua only got 1 game what a joke, Memphis suspended 12 guys!" Not realizing Memphis announced 12 suspensions but 8 of those players had exhausted their eligibility. It was purely lip service. 4 guys were actually suspended and only 1 player was suspended for a full game. BYU actually suspended 3 players for the Nebraska game. But lets not let facts get in the way of how soft Bronco is. Oh and lets ignore the fact that BYU lost its star running back for the season over something millions of college kids do every day.

Of course when that doesn't work they start to pinpoint specific plays, like Kaufusi and the mythical "gator roll". All of this comes from guys like LADouche and MPFunk, who have never put on pads in their lives. But when people point out that NFL teams teach these same techniques they choose to ignore it and like JL says "Double down" on this flawed logic. Making them look even worse.

This is a nasty cycle that will only continue for the next 3 years as Tanner Mangum leads BYU to glory. BYU has a plethora of QBs in the stable, the recruiting pipeline is full and Utah continues is rolling out a slot receiver to take snaps under center. Once he fails (and he will, we saw Thompson last year) they will throw a kid out there who should be playing linebacker, who again will fail (because Utah can't recruit or develop QBs) until the next over hyped kid comes along only to transfer after 1 season. In the meantime BYU will keep signing 4 star kids (2 in this upcoming class alone) who will continue to break records, give sportscenter interviews, bring exposure to the team and the church, go on the Jim Rome show, and lead highlight packages every night.

Of course, we will still have to listen to whiny, bitch-ass Ute fans make asinine comments like "I would rather lose than cheer for a dirty team like BYU" or "They have no conference to hold them accountable for suspensions, its bullshit". I thought independence was a horrible thing, now its an advantage?

Ute fans can all eat shit, nobody cares what you think or have to say. Unfortunately the loudest voices in your fan base are the biggest ass clowns. You are lead by an athletic director who played all of you for a fool and straight up lied. Your HC has ran off 7 OCs in 7 years. His two best assistant coaches left because they hate him (Sitake and BJ). Roderick only stayed because he has so much family baggage with his wife humping a female soccer player he has nowhere else to go. It is an absolute cluster fuck and you guys know it.

The good news is with Colorado around you will always have someone worse than you. At least you can look forward to that. Now go Eff yourselves.
      *Banned*

Comment

The alligator roll. Just looked it up on urban dictionary. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          This is what I love about the rivalry. One team starts to out perform the other, and receive national attention (usually BYU) and the opposing teams fan base can't resort to scoreboard smack (Because they have an AD and HC who are scared) so they start grasping at straws and pulling the moral superiority card. BYU is "dirty" did you see that hit by 190 pound Jordan Preator who was about to take on a 260 pound tight end one on one so he went low. What a dirty player. Obviously they don't teach leverage at the U, hence the reason Sack Lake City, currently has a population of 1 through 2 games. Or they bring out the "Thug" and team discipline card.

"Nacua only got 1 game what a joke, Memphis suspended 12 guys!" Not realizing Memphis announced 12 suspensions but 8 of those players had exhausted their eligibility. It was purely lip service. 4 guys were actually suspended and only 1 player was suspended for a full game. BYU actually suspended 3 players for the Nebraska game. But lets not let facts get in the way of how soft Bronco is. Oh and lets ignore the fact that BYU lost its star running back for the season over something millions of college kids do every day.

Of course when that doesn't work they start to pinpoint specific plays, like Kaufusi and the mythical "gator roll". All of this comes from guys like LADouche and MPFunk, who have never put on pads in their lives. But when people point out that NFL teams teach these same techniques they choose to ignore it and like JL says "Double down" on this flawed logic. Making them look even worse.

This is a nasty cycle that will only continue for the next 3 years as Tanner Mangum leads BYU to glory. BYU has a plethora of QBs in the stable, the recruiting pipeline is full and Utah continues is rolling out a slot receiver to take snaps under center. Once he fails (and he will, we saw Thompson last year) they will throw a kid out there who should be playing linebacker, who again will fail (because Utah can't recruit or develop QBs) until the next over hyped kid comes along only to transfer after 1 season. In the meantime BYU will keep signing 4 star kids (2 in this upcoming class alone) who will continue to break records, give sportscenter interviews, bring exposure to the team and the church, go on the Jim Rome show, and lead highlight packages every night.

Of course, we will still have to listen to whiny, bitch-ass Ute fans make asinine comments like "I would rather lose than cheer for a dirty team like BYU" or "They have no conference to hold them accountable for suspensions, its bullshit". I thought independence was a horrible thing, now its an advantage?

Ute fans can all eat shit, nobody cares what you think or have to say. Unfortunately the loudest voices in your fan base are the biggest ass clowns. You are lead by an athletic director who played all of you for a fool and straight up lied. Your HC has ran off 7 OCs in 7 years. His two best assistant coaches left because they hate him (Sitake and BJ). Roderick only stayed because he has so much family baggage with his wife humping a female soccer player he has nowhere else to go. It is an absolute cluster fuck and you guys know it.

The good news is with Colorado around you will always have someone worse than you. At least you can look forward to that. Now go Eff yourselves.
          In the one thing that matters as it relates to the rivalry, Utah has owned BYU. How about we win a few of those and then we can talk about how much better our current program is over theirs.

Comment

Not so fast. I would like to know more about Aaron Roderick's alleged lesbian wife.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Not so fast. I would like to know more about Aaron Roderick's alleged lesbian wife.
              no you wouldn't

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                In the one thing that matters as it relates to the rivalry, Utah has owned BYU. How about we win a few of those and then we can talk about how much better our current program is over theirs.
                You can eat shit too. Utah hasn't owned a damn thing. Does the rivalry start and stop with football over the last few years? Ok then, STFU.

baseball- 6 of the last 8 including 4 in a row
                basketball- Dave Rose is 12-4 against Utah
                womens Volleyball- BYU has won 5 of 6 and we are going to kick the shit out of them on Thursday
                Womens soccer- 5-2-1 in the last 8 meetings
                Womens basketball- 5 of 6 with the only loss coming in Double OT
                Softball- 24-4 Against Utah in the last 10 years.
                Rugby- I doubt BYU has ever lost to Utah.
                *Banned*

Comment

You can eat shit too. Utah hasn't owned a damn thing. Does the rivalry start and stop with football over the last few years? Ok then, STFU.

womens Volleyball- BYU has won 5 of 6 and we are going to kick the shit out of them on Thursday
                  How about tennis? Maybe that can answer the question.

Utah has won 2/3 of the last 21 football games against BYU. They've been to two BCS bowls.

Despite all of that, no one gives a shit about them. I'm being serious. They've had the best 20 year period they'll ever have and it's like a fart In the wind
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Here Ute fans. Shove this up your collective asses.

enhanced-buzz-14934-1379403518-11.jpg

• The West Coast is definitely NOT mellow when it comes to football. Seven of these squads — UCLA, Utah, Oregon State, Oregon, Arizona State, USC, and Washington State — are members of the Pac-12. SoCal and the Portland area getting testy!
                    *Banned*

Comment

In regards to college football rivalries and conference realignment, there's a certain justice (IMO) of Utah now being designated as Colorado's conference rival. Having said that, I wish BYU-Utah would play in late November; they will always be rivals. If Georgia-Georgia Tech and Clemson-South Carolina can continue to play late in the season, BYU-Utah should figure it out. It's good for college football.
                      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                          So Dude you revising your prior statements that you don't care about Utah or the rivalry anymore?
                          Good grief. How many times are you going to get this wrong? I have explained this several times, but here goes another:

I never once said that I don't care about the rivalry. I did say that I don't care about Utah in the sense that I am not interested in the details of who Utah is recruiting, what the women's volleyball team last week, etc. The context of my original statement was that I don't miss Utah sports threads on this site. I never read them carefully when they were here. But I do care very much about the rivalry and I want lots of horrible things to happen to the Utah athletics programs.

Please read this 4-5 times and commit to memory. TIA.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.ph...ll=1#post60126

But I'm certain you won't beat UCLA. The odds-makers, who make their living making such predictions, have UCLA a what, 13 point favorite? That shows that Nebraska and Boise are considered not really that good. The Huskies are only 5.5 point favorites at home against Utah State, after losing by 3 at Boise.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                              You know what else you will find in that thread? wally consistently reminding Utes that the rivalry is alive and well. My prediction when it was announced that the rivalry would cease, was that the game when it resumed would be ferocious (I think that hostile predicted the same). I stand by this prediction. There will be so much pent up hostility involved, that it will seem like Armageddon. It will be awesome. I expect some injuries, on the field and off.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.ph...ll=1#post60126

But I'm certain you won't beat UCLA. The odds-makers, who make their living making such predictions, have UCLA a what, 13 point favorite? That shows that Nebraska and Boise are considered not really that good. The Huskies are only 5.5 point favorites at home against Utah State, after losing by 3 at Boise.

You quit BYU football and basketball in about the same way you quit the LDS church.

Comment

Working...
                                X