"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    I noticed Ute fans have been real quiet this week even after a BYU loss.

Why?

1. They realize just how good BYU is, how bright the future is with Mangum and co. and they know they have to place us next year.
    2. They looked like dog shit against a terrible Fresno State team
    3. Whit continues to prove why he is a dick head and just took the moral high road card right out of their quiver with this asshole move:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=137...W&sf13339493=1
    I am hearing the same thing at work. <crickets> I'm not even hearing anything about how dirty BYU plays.

Comment

Why?

1. They realize just how good BYU is, how bright the future is with Mangum and co. and they know they have to place us next year.
      3. Whit continues to prove why he is a dick head and just took the moral high road card right out of their quiver with this asshole move:

He was just holding Fresno accountable.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Why?

I've been quiet because I don't want to be an asshole, but since you are inviting it. I'll go ahead and speak up.

BYU is a decent team this year. However, you just lost a game despite getting 3 turnovers and an onside kick (so essentially 4 turnovers). You did that and lost. If I was a BYU fan I'd be ashamed.

You also just gave up 296 yards rushing at 7.8 ypc. You think that I'm so impressed by that performance that you have shut me up?

As for Tanner Mangum, BYU fans never really learn do they. I remember all the felating of Jake Heaps after he lost to the Utes as a freshman in a mediocre performance. On Saturday Mangum threw the ball almost 50 times for only 244 yards and that is so fucking impressive? Sorry not all that impressed. He also threw the INT that sealed the game. He was also a big part of why those 3 TOs were converted into a stellar 3 points. He led his team to 23 points with 3 TOs while having his RB go for 149 yards on the ground? I think you are overstating that performance a bit.

Take this for what its worth coming from a fan that is staring down the barrel of a LB playing QB for the next 3-years, but I would certainly kill to have Mangum at Utah. He has a great arm and he has the potential to be a really good QB. However, that is all he is right now, potential. A lot of times that potential falls flat. You might want to wait on the Heisman campaign for Mangum until you get at least a 1/2 season of quality play. Saturday was not a quality performance from him.

As for the Utes, they were disinterested against Fresno St and it showed. I don't really take much from that performance against an inferior opponent when Utah was sleep walking through the entire game.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• As for the RUTS, only pansies whine about RUTS. If you don't want the other team scoring, even if it is a stupid throw with 20 seconds left, stop them from fucking scoring.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            As for the RUTS, only pansies whine about RUTS. If you don't want the other team scoring, even if it is a stupid throw with 20 seconds left, stop them from fucking scoring.
            meh, only LA Ute really cares about RUTS, and that's only if it's BYU doing it.

Comment

I've been quiet because I don't want to be an asshole, but since you are inviting it. I'll go ahead and speak up.

BYU is a decent team this year. However, you just lost a game despite getting 3 turnovers and an onside kick (so essentially 4 turnovers). You did that and lost. If I was a BYU fan I'd be ashamed.

You also just gave up 296 yards rushing at 7.8 ypc. You think that I'm so impressed by that performance that you have shut me up?

As for Tanner Mangum, BYU fans never really learn do they. I remember all the felating of Jake Heaps after he lost to the Utes as a freshman in a mediocre performance. On Saturday Mangum threw the ball almost 50 times for only 244 yards and that is so fucking impressive? Sorry not all that impressed. He also threw the INT that sealed the game. He was also a big part of why those 3 TOs were converted into a stellar 3 points. He led his team to 23 points with 3 TOs while having his RB go for 149 yards on the ground? I think you are overstating that performance a bit.

Take this for what its worth coming from a fan that is staring down the barrel of a LB playing QB for the next 3-years, but I would certainly kill to have Mangum at Utah. He has a great arm and he has the potential to be a really good QB. However, that is all he is right now, potential. A lot of times that potential falls flat. You might want to wait on the Heisman campaign for Mangum until you get at least a 1/2 season of quality play. Saturday was not a quality performance from him.

As for the Utes, they were disinterested against Fresno St and it showed. I don't really take much from that performance against an inferior opponent when Utah was sleep walking through the entire game.
              Just want to seal in the freshness!
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

lol. That's a big dumb strawman argument, funk. Of course it is potential at this point. He has only played two full games.

But the cutest thing about this post is that you are pretending Tanner-mania is invented by BYU fans, thus illustrating your ignorance of the national media attention Tanner has been getting.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

So disinterested that they frantically ran the 2 minute drill in an effort to make the final score appear as though they are better than they are.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Whit calling in the final play of the game:

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      meh, only LA Ute really cares about RUTS, and that's only if it's BYU doing it.
                      Apparently, only LAUte and cougjunkie. I guess this is the common ground that they can finally find.
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        lol. That's a big dumb strawman argument, funk. Of course it is potential at this point. He has only played two full games.

But the cutest thing about this post is that you are pretending Tanner-mania is invented by BYU fans, thus illustrating your ignorance of the national media attention Tanner has been getting.
                        I think the cutest thing about his post is how many details he knows about a game that was played simultaneously with a Utah game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          I think the cutest thing about his post is how many details he knows about a game that was played simultaneously with a Utah game.
                          I'm curious about funk's thoughts on Booker's Heisman campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            So disinterested that they frantically ran the 2 minute drill in an effort to make the final score appear as though they are better than they are.
                            Must have been disinterested against Utah State too. What does it take to interest this team? Almost being up by 14 on Oregon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

It was JamestheMormon that compared his passing to Jim McMahon, not the national media.

BYU the first 2 games was the college football equivalent of the freak show. Everyone knows they aren't really the main event, but you are so intrigued by the freaks that they get a ton of attention before the actual show begins. BYU got a ton of media attention because of 2 hail marys and being a G5 team that had a couple of miracle wins. Don't confuse being a freak show and getting your 15 minutes of fame with being the main event. It will only end badly when the inevitable happens this year and you are at the Vegas or Hawaii bowl.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                Must have been disinterested against Utah State too. What does it take to interest this team? Almost being up by 14 on Oregon?

Not quite. That prospect captivated their interest up until the moment juuuuust before Clay crossed the goal line.

Comment

Working...
                                X