No announcement yet.

"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is pumped about the big rivalry game this week? Women's volleyball on Thursday. I'm sure everyone already has their tickets. Lots of talk about the big rivalry game on the local sports talk radio.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      Who is pumped about the big rivalry game this week? Women's volleyball on Thursday. I'm sure everyone already has their tickets. Lots of talk about the big rivalry game on the local sports talk radio.
      I can't wait!!

:byu1:
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I love this thread so much. It almost makes me wish I was living in Utah again so I could see some actual Ute fans and experience the angst in person.

Comment

Who is pumped about the big rivalry game this week? Women's volleyball on Thursday. I'm sure everyone already has their tickets. Lots of talk about the big rivalry game on the local sports talk radio.
          Utes are going down!
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

tbh it is kind of hard to get pumped up to play a match that has decidedly become a non-rivalry lately. I mean, Utah hasn't won a regulation match against BYU since 2010. It's the 9th ranked team in the country against a team that has lost to Wyoming! And Lipscomb! It's just kind of a letdown after playing three ranked teams in the last three weeks (and beating two of them).

I am pumped to see ranked Pacific come to town in a few weeks though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
              tbh it is kind of hard to get pumped up to play a match that has decidedly become a non-rivalry lately. I mean, Utah hasn't won a regulation match against BYU since 2010. It's the 9th ranked team in the country against a team that has lost to Wyoming! And Lipscomb! It's just kind of a letdown after playing three ranked teams in the last three weeks (and beating two of them).

I am pumped to see ranked Pacific come to town in a few weeks though.
              We are going to kick your ass. I don't care about the past, in a rivalry game anything can happen. As everyone knows, I rarely attend a sporting even live. I'm assuming that this game is going to be an ESPN utilizing the services of the BYU HD truck?

These Deseret Duel points are ours mother fuckers, OURS.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I know you cant seem to help making these inadvertently sexist comments about girls, but there is a ton of support for Olympic/non-traditional sports such as mens/womens volleyball, rubgy, baseball, and womens soccer at BYU so the games are actually a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from football and hoop. Im actually going to South Field for soccer against Oregon State tomorrow evening. My daughter and I go to as many as we can and have had a blast every time. Probably the best home atmosphere in the country for womens soccer. By most accounts, BYU boasts some of the best, loudest and largest home crowds for volleyball (both genders) and womens soccer. For BYU fans, if you havent caught games at South Field or the Smith Fieldhouse, you are missing out and making a mistake.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

We are going to kick your ass. I don't care about the past, in a rivalry game anything can happen. As everyone knows, I rarely attend a sporting even live. I'm assuming that this game is going to be an ESPN utilizing the services of the BYU HD truck?

Unfortunately, it is in SLC, and so relegated to the Pac-12 network, meaning I, along with most of the country, have no way to watch it.

Comment

For such an ardent fan of the NHL, I find it more than humorous that you of all people are mocking marginal sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      For such an ardent fan of the NHL, I find it more than humorous that you of all people are mocking marginal sports.
                      funkimanihonjin
                      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• http://byu.blue/
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post

Commando is right. No suspension for the nut punch is so worth it.

Comment

• I forgot about pelting the refs after the Utah game. that was awesome they deserved everything thrown at them.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                              Love it. Wish there were more plays though.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                                Just thought I would help out a little.
                                It was fun to mention to an NU alum I work with that the last time NU lost an opener, he wasn't even born yet.
                                Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                                - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                                - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Working...
                                X