"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

One of the best things about BYU being the biggest story in college football so far this season is watching the reaction from Ute fans. Twitter and social media are comedy gold right now. In hindsight, it makes Chris Hill's comment a few weeks ago about Ute fans not caring about BYU especially funny. They care. A LOT.

Use this thread to share fun anecdotes of the allegedly dead rivalry.

BTW, UCLA obviously understands how deeply BYU is in Utah's head right now.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

There's this thread at UB5 with a couple thousand posts where Utes remind themselves of how over BYU they are. As a bonus you get to see LAU hyperventilating about mean and dirty BYU.

http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.ph...-Thread/page74

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      There's this thread at UB5 with a couple thousand posts where Utes remind themselves of how over BYU they are. As a bonus you get to see LAU hyperventilating about mean and dirty BYU.

http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.ph...-Thread/page74
      Mean and dirty doesn't mean you can't be loved. Look at the Raiders.

Comment

From Sancho:

I agree. I vote for a merge. For those who are embarrassed that we talk about our rival sometimes, we can delete/erase/reset that thread every year or every month to make it look shorter. Personally, I don't care how long it is. It seems to really give tooblue a great deal of joy, and he probably could use all the joy he can get up there.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Devildog:

That other thread is a disgrace. It's long and boring and anyone reading here sees that it is by far the most viewed on the site. Weak and lame for a Utah sports forum.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

LAUte with stadium smack.

BTW, I failed to mention that our stadium is prettier. Beautiful sandstone beats battleship gray.*

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

that thread is great. lots of dumb people posting dumb things.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

U-Ute (most unimaginative name ever) claims it's all big joke on BYU fans.

Viking: you need to understand something. This thread is the bait
                that keeps the BYU fans from trolling all of the other threads.*

We need to chum the waters every now and again.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

haha. i remember when LA Ute kept calling the Big Mac "Bleacher Palace" but it never caught on. He tried, at least.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    One of the best things about BYU being the biggest story in college football so far this season is watching the reaction from Ute fans. Twitter and social media are comedy gold right now. In hindsight, it makes Chris Hill's comment a few weeks ago about Ute fans not caring about BYU especially funny. They care. A LOT.

Use this thread to share fun anecdotes of the allegedly dead rivalry.

BTW, UCLA obviously understands how deeply BYU is in Utah's head right now.

Poor utes. BYU getting all this positive national pub and they can't do anything about it other than lots of whiny posts on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      Poor utes. BYU getting all this positive national pub and they can't do anything about it other than lots of whiny posts on social media.
                      If the Utes can beat FSU this week, they will get some pub.

Comment

Yesterday a couple of Utah season ticket holders were outside my door talking about how great the U's games have been, yet how frustrating it is that BYU has had these amazing endings to get all of the national publicity.

Poor Gunther was having a fit insisting that the U's two wins are more impressive than BYU's - talking about beating a Big 10 team and a MWC team.

Someone needs to remind him that the Big10 team BYU beat was on the road. And the MWC team BYU beat was ranked. Utah will have a good strength of schedule before it is all said and done, but thus far BYU's has got to be better.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                          wrong FSU
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                            Not that FSU '71.

Comment

If they beat Fresno State by 70 they won't get any pub. That team is atrocious.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X