"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Whit is 9-3 against BYU. Certainly doesn't hurt his chances for "tenure" as a coach.
    Yep. The fans love that. But I doubt the administration cares as much about that as Whittingham getting them into the PAC12. If he were to go 0-10 against BYU the next ten years, I don't think it would be grounds for firing him.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      as they should be. but the beauty of whittingham is that he is just good enough that his bosses will keep him on as long as he wants to be there.
      Gobbledygook. Whittingham is no savior, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that the next coach doesn't have the 9 and 10 win seasons on the regular.

If you need more prove of this, pay attention to your own team!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
        Gobbledygook. Whittingham is no savior, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that the next coach doesn't have the 9 and 10 win seasons on the regular.

If you need more prove of this, pay attention to your own team!
        agreed since we have the same advantages and disadvantages in recruiting and in the hiring of coaches.

also, to be fair, you are probably right on your first point. but as a byu fan, the chance of urban jr walking through that door is a risk i don't want to take! because the next time around with PAC12 money, he might not use the UoU as a stepping stone.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          agreed since we have the same advantages and disadvantages in recruiting and in the hiring of coaches.

also, to be fair, you are probably right on your first point. but as a byu fan, the chance of urban jr walking through that door is a risk i don't want to take! because the next time around with PAC12 money, he might not use the UoU as a stepping stone.
          Haha. You should hang out with LAUte more. You guys think alike.

Comment

Gobbledygook.
            That's a funny thing to say.

Comment

Haha. You should hang out with LAUte more. You guys think alike.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• The newspaper says they're running my piece on the Oklahoma-Texas rivalry tomorrow, but only after it's been "reworked" by a 27-year-old copyeditor. This will not end well.

Comment

• I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    The newspaper says they're running my piece on the Oklahoma-Texas rivalry tomorrow, but only after it's been "reworked" by a 27-year-old copyeditor. This will not end well.
                    Yeah, but he's been in the newspaper industry for at least 5 years, so he knows pretty much everything.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Yeah, but he's been in the newspaper industry for at least 5 years, so he knows pretty much everything.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I love this little girl so much.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          I love this little girl so much.

I think he's a little boy.

Good kid. Saved his parents a lot of heartache.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Oh no! Where's the go fund me to have this couple's season tickets comped (as you know that's the angle here)? I'm sure if they scale back to just a couple cartons of Marlboro Reds a month and don't go top shelf on the Wendover AMFs they'll be able to catch the BYU game in November.

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                              Oh no! Where's the go fund me to have this couple's season tickets comped (as you know that's the angle here)? I'm sure if they scale back to just a couple cartons of Marlboro Reds a month and don't go top shelf on the Wendover AMFs they'll be able to catch the BYU game in November.
                              You guys are so brutish! Fist of all JL resorts to the classic cougar putdown of questioning one's gender (such a 1960s-worldview diss) and then HBC engages in social status shaming!

But fear not! The US govt. to the rescue! The Man is willing to replace the money, once they can verify the amount. So everyone wins: @benbelnap gets his season tix (uh, don't pay for the two home games that have already happened), the little boy enjoys his fifteen minutes of fame, and the government cleans everything up and it is cost free (except for the admin time). YEAH America!

Comment

(uh, don't pay for the two home games that have already happened)
                                Yeah . . . that's where the story didn't quite add up. Saving money for season tix but they still have the money a month into the season?

Comment

Working...
                                X