Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 2531

Thread: "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    This is rich. Ute fan makes a series of racist, derogatory posts about ute QB TH. He justifiably gets attacked so he changes his twitter profile to make it appear that he is a BYU fan. Ute fans proceed to pile on and talk about how mormons are horrible racists. Then he gets busted/outed as a ute fan via his Insta account.

What a great fanbase.

I'm just a salty/depressed Cougar fan that let the anger of getting dominated by Utah for the last decade get the best of me.
    lol

Yeah, I wonder what gave the dope away.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Agree on the issues. And wow I forgot what a colossal idiot Moose was.

But considering the account was set up in 2011. That would be an awfully long game for a terrible stupid troll
    Someone in the replies said that he knows the guy. I don’t think he is a troll. Just an idiot.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Former Ute punter begs famous musician to perform annually at Ute game to increase recruiting and attendance.

https://kslsports.com/421107/open-le...halftime-show/
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Former Ute punter begs famous musician to perform annually at Ute game to increase recruiting and attendance.

It is amazing that in one of their best seasons ever, they still have so many empty seats for home games.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

It's not like he's putting it all on Mark Harlan to organize the thing. He said he's more than happy to help!

Princeps Inter Pares

Come play for Utah. Our halftime shows are the bomb!

Hmm....
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

It is amazing that in one of their best seasons ever, they still have so many empty seats for home games.
    What is really strange is that RES has been a sellout machine for years. They have been selling >100% of their capacity for years (standing-room-only seats).
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

That’s a great idea. They could also borrow the smoke machines from the basketball team, but they might need longer extension cords.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Good, well-written article. I love the idea and expect it to happen soon!

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

It was nice for Utah to add the color descriptions. But what about their alumni who don’t know their colors and can’t read?

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    It was nice for Utah to add the color descriptions. But what about their alumni who don’t know their colors and can’t read?

They can always ask my two-year-old for help.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

That was funny!
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

I agree, every Gordon Monson article should be ripped up.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I agree, every Gordon Monson article should be ripped up.

After the bowl season, my brother-in-law (USU fan) and I were talking games and how they'd gone, and he mentioned seeing a TON of Alamo bowl gear at a local Smiths that he was sure would never sell due to the results of the game. We got a pretty good chuckle about it at the time - how it might be funny to wear one around as a reminder of the game for Ute fans.

Well - apparently they are STILL on sell. We visited his and my sister's house yesterday and he mentioned that they'd dropped in price enough the he decided to pick up one of the t-shirts for me on Saturday.

Utah wants to provide a competitive advantage to their basketball team by cutting seating capacity by 40%.

Beginning next season, the upper bowl of the Huntsman Center will be curtained off, an athletic department spokesman told The Salt Lake Tribune. The new basketball seating capacity is set at 8,500, but athletic department officials would consider opening the upper bowl if a high-profile opponent and/or ticket demand called for such a move. If the upper bowl were to open for a game, those seats will be sold as general admission.

A seating capacity of 8,500 would make the Huntsman Center the second-smallest in the Pac-12 behind Stanford’s Maples Pavilion (7,233).

“It starts with a commitment to basketball and offering a competitive advantage to our team,” Scott Kull, Utah’s deputy athletic director for external operations, said. “This has been discussed for years in an effort, again, to try and create the best atmosphere for athletes and coaches. There wasn’t one ‘aha’ moment.”
    https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...tahs-huntsman/

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Utah wants to provide a competitive advantage to their basketball team by cutting seating capacity by 40%.

There wasn't one "aha" moment!

The jokes write themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by originalsocal View Post
    There wasn't one "aha" moment!

It will be extra fun when the only time they have to open the upper bowl is to host BYU.

That curtain will provide good privacy for any fans who want to take a dump and don't want to walk all the way to the concourse.

It will be extra fun when the only time they have to open the upper bowl is to host BYU.
    Haha. Yes.

Some of the Utah games I have seen, they could probably fit everyone into the first 15 rows.

Not sure if anyone caught the E60 feature on Alex Smith, but it's definitely worth a watch. His response to adversity is pretty impressive.

Pre-Historic Man

8500? That's still too many for their fan club. I suppose they are counting on more social distancing.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    When is the state going to decertify the University of Utah police department?
    https://twitter.com/CourtneyLTanner/...510778369?s=19

Last edited by Pelado; 05-17-2020 at 04:03 PM.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

So sad.

That is horrible.

and the piece of shit got hired by logan pd
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.