"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    lol. SeattleUte so frustrated by Utah never beating Boise that he pulls for BYU to beat them.
    weeksrankings.jpg

Here is the proof it was on the merits. She's 06. We both bet heavily on BYU.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I think what SU is trying to say is that it is a tremendous privilege to lose to P12 teams.
      I see, so even when the Utes lose, they are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Utah wins every time they play, at least in men's basketball and football.
        Dave Rose is 12-4 against Utah. Nice try though.
        *Banned*

Comment

[ATTACH]6264[/ATTACH]

what is that? I'm going to pull an Andre Miller here and confess that I can't read it
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            And men's skiing
            Exactly!

btw I picked up a pair of Line's Magnum Opus for this year. Come on El Niño, do your worst!
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
              Exactly!

btw I picked up a pair of Line's Magnum Opus for this year. Come on El Niño, do your worst!
              Jealous, the art on those looks really cool. I've loved the Bacons. Line make a great set of boards.

sigpic

Comment

[ATTACH]6264[/ATTACH]

6 out of 13. Send her my congratulations.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  6 out of 13. Send her my congratulations.
                  No, that's her name. She's the top one, OSix.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    This is what I love about the rivalry. One team starts to out perform the other, and receive national attention (usually BYU) and the opposing teams fan base can't resort to scoreboard smack (Because they have an AD and HC who are scared) so they start grasping at straws and pulling the moral superiority card. BYU is "dirty" did you see that hit by 190 pound Jordan Preator who was about to take on a 260 pound tight end one on one so he went low. What a dirty player. Obviously they don't teach leverage at the U, hence the reason Sack Lake City, currently has a population of 1 through 2 games. Or they bring out the "Thug" and team discipline card.

"Nacua only got 1 game what a joke, Memphis suspended 12 guys!" Not realizing Memphis announced 12 suspensions but 8 of those players had exhausted their eligibility. It was purely lip service. 4 guys were actually suspended and only 1 player was suspended for a full game. BYU actually suspended 3 players for the Nebraska game. But lets not let facts get in the way of how soft Bronco is. Oh and lets ignore the fact that BYU lost its star running back for the season over something millions of college kids do every day.

Of course when that doesn't work they start to pinpoint specific plays, like Kaufusi and the mythical "gator roll". All of this comes from guys like LADouche and MPFunk, who have never put on pads in their lives. But when people point out that NFL teams teach these same techniques they choose to ignore it and like JL says "Double down" on this flawed logic. Making them look even worse.

This is a nasty cycle that will only continue for the next 3 years as Tanner Mangum leads BYU to glory. BYU has a plethora of QBs in the stable, the recruiting pipeline is full and Utah continues is rolling out a slot receiver to take snaps under center. Once he fails (and he will, we saw Thompson last year) they will throw a kid out there who should be playing linebacker, who again will fail (because Utah can't recruit or develop QBs) until the next over hyped kid comes along only to transfer after 1 season. In the meantime BYU will keep signing 4 star kids (2 in this upcoming class alone) who will continue to break records, give sportscenter interviews, bring exposure to the team and the church, go on the Jim Rome show, and lead highlight packages every night.

Of course, we will still have to listen to whiny, bitch-ass Ute fans make asinine comments like "I would rather lose than cheer for a dirty team like BYU" or "They have no conference to hold them accountable for suspensions, its bullshit". I thought independence was a horrible thing, now its an advantage?

Ute fans can all eat shit, nobody cares what you think or have to say. Unfortunately the loudest voices in your fan base are the biggest ass clowns. You are lead by an athletic director who played all of you for a fool and straight up lied. Your HC has ran off 7 OCs in 7 years. His two best assistant coaches left because they hate him (Sitake and BJ). Roderick only stayed because he has so much family baggage with his wife humping a female soccer player he has nowhere else to go. It is an absolute cluster fuck and you guys know it.

The good news is with Colorado around you will always have someone worse than you. At least you can look forward to that. Now go Eff yourselves.
                    cougjunkie, I would really appreciate that you follow your religion and be honest in your dealings with your fellow man. I'd like you point out all these times that I have called out BYU for dirty play and perpetuated these annoying whiny complaints about BYU. There is plenty to rip on BYU for without resorting to the dirty play stuff.

Thank you for your predictions about Tanner Mangum's success against Utah. They should go just as well as your predictions about all the glowing success that Jake Heaps was going to have against Utah. I appreciate all of your BYU ass kicking predictions when it comes to Utah, it is one of our greatest good luck charms.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

let's cut the shit here, how does byu's nursing program compare to utah's?
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

http://www.utefans.net/message.php?i...message1753993

Be afraid Ute fans. Be very afraid.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

Oh my. (wiping tears of laughter)
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              You can eat shit too. Utah hasn't owned a damn thing. Does the rivalry start and stop with football over the last few years? Ok then, STFU.

baseball- 6 of the last 8 including 4 in a row
                              basketball- Dave Rose is 12-4 against Utah
                              womens Volleyball- BYU has won 5 of 6 and we are going to kick the shit out of them on Thursday
                              Womens soccer- 5-2-1 in the last 8 meetings
                              Womens basketball- 5 of 6 with the only loss coming in Double OT
                              Softball- 24-4 Against Utah in the last 10 years.
                              Rugby- I doubt BYU has ever lost to Utah.

I take back all the bad things that I have said about you over the years. That post stands as the greatest example of smack against BYU posted in the past couple of years.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                cougjunkie, I would really appreciate that you follow your religion and be honest in your dealings with your fellow man. I'd like you point out all these times that I have called out BYU for dirty play and perpetuated these annoying whiny complaints about BYU. There is plenty to rip on BYU for without resorting to the dirty play stuff.

Thank you for your predictions about Tanner Mangum's success against Utah. They should go just as well as your predictions about all the glowing success that Jake Heaps was going to have against Utah. I appreciate all of your BYU ass kicking predictions when it comes to Utah, it is one of our greatest good luck charms.
                                Religion smack belongs in a different forum please. Or, you two can get a room afterall, the Supreme Court has spoken!
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X