"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Utes and Cougs have now raised over $6,000.

DenverUte. Sounds a little like DUUte. What a dope.
    For sure.

How a friendly bet between a BYU and Utah fan went wrong but oh-so-right

What a dope he is.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

For sure.

How a friendly bet between a BYU and Utah fan went wrong but oh-so-right

What a dope he is.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Just another example of Utah fans caring more about what BYU does than about their own team.

Comment

• "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Originally posted by falafel View Post

DenverUte also happens to be one of our proud Nationalists. This new spot light should serve him well. So we’ve got that going for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 09-19-2018, 10:46 AM.
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Wow, the DeezNews has really fallen on hard times. But I guess a story about a Ute reneging on a bet is newsworthy because of the novelty of it.

Comment

• KSL did a story about it as well.

I'd encourage everyone to kick in a little bit. Could be good. I did.

Comment

• Comment

• I was legitimately surprised by this. I would have guessed Whit was about .500 in league play. It appears, as often the case in the Beehive state an underperforming Ute is keeping his employment due to the generosity of A BYU alumni.

Comment

• http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1343810
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        I was legitimately surprised by this. I would have guessed Whit was about .500 in league play. It appears, as often the case in the Beehive state an underperforming Ute is keeping his employment due to the generosity of A BYU alumni.

The Utes love Whittingham. He can go 5-7 for the rest of his life up there.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yes and no. Ute Twitter is okay with making a move if it will permanently fix the offensive issues.

TBH...there are a quite a few fans that would be okay with him packing it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                            Yes and no. Ute Twitter is okay with making a move if it will permanently fix the offensive issues.

as they should be. but the beauty of whittingham is that he is just good enough that his bosses will keep him on as long as he wants to be there.
                            Last edited by smokymountainrain; 10-01-2018, 11:27 AM.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

Fans are fickle, and I'm sure there are plenty that would be okay with pushing Whittingham out. By "Utes" i was referring to the administration.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Whit is 9-3 against BYU. Certainly doesn't hurt his chances for "tenure" as a coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X