Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Burn it down. Burn it all down.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

When is the state going to decertify the University of Utah police department?
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
          I am tired of the discrimination against Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the State of Utah. When will The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ever be treated equally here?
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
            I am tired of the discrimination against Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the State of Utah. When will The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ever be treated equally here?
            IMO, it's more enjoyable being a member of the church living outside of Utah. I wouldn't call it discrimination per se, but I'm much happier being away from all the petty nonsense that goes back and forth among active LDS, non-active LDS and non-LDS.

Comment

• Almost unimaginably, the U. made itself look worse in ‘Dateline’ report about McCluskey murder.

“There are no words to express how sorry I am at the loss of this precious child. No words,” said Barbara Hancock Snyder. “There’s nothing I can say to apologize significantly — to have meaning. But we are truly sorry.”

A heartfelt apology, which some have argued has been lacking in the U.’s response.
              Unfortunately, Snyder didn’t stop there.Dabbing at her eye with a tissue and speaking with great emotion, she added, “I wish people could know how hard it’s been.” As in — how hard it’s been on the staff at the University of Utah.

It’s hard to imagine a worse response.

Comment

• It's funny how a simple wardrobe choice like wearing a BYU shirt makes me a magnet for unsolicited rudeness from random Ute fans. Going through security at the airport in New Orleans, and I get berated for being a BYU fan. And then under his breath, "we'll make it ten in a row..."

So trying to elevate the discussion I ask, "are you coming down to the game?" "No, but I did have season tickets to all the home games..." Ok, whatever tough guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  It's funny how a simple wardrobe choice like wearing a BYU shirt makes me a magnet for unsolicited rudeness from random Ute fans. Going through security at the airport in New Orleans, and I get berated for being a BYU fan. And then under his breath, "we'll make it ten in a row..."

So trying to elevate the discussion I ask, "are you coming down to the game?" "No, but I did have season tickets to all the home games..." Ok, whatever tough guy.
                  I always just say I'm sorry you didn't get into BYU. That usually shuts them up. Except one guy who said he was accepted but went to Utah because his whole family went there. I told him I was sorry his whole family is stupid.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    It's funny how a simple wardrobe choice like wearing a BYU shirt makes me a magnet for unsolicited rudeness from random Ute fans. Going through security at the airport in New Orleans, and I get berated for being a BYU fan. And then under his breath, "we'll make it ten in a row..."

Ute fans berating America's service members in the airport. Horrible!

Comment

That's what they do. That's what they are.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I don't berate America's service members. I spend my energy on berating children, pregnant women, and people in wheelchairs.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                          I don't berate America's service members. I spend my energy on berating children, pregnant women, and people in wheelchairs.
                          You give all Utes something to aspire to.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• I am hoping that BYU wins this year. This is just getting way too boring. I can't even get excited for the rivalry anymore. So perfunctory.

Comment

• Originally posted by wally View Post
                              I am hoping that BYU wins this year. This is just getting way too boring. I can't even get excited for the rivalry anymore. So perfunctory.
                              Agreed.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Burn in hell, Wally. Burn in hell.
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                                X