"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    I'm not offended or shocked. People do that stuff all the time. Virgin Mary bongs, sexy nun Halloween costumes, etc. They're trying to be funny and it's harmless. I'll take the irreverent Mo-hating Ute fan over an ALUF any day. They at least have a consistent ethos. Much more respectable than someone who turns their back on the university owned, operated and maintained by their religion. That said, they both suck and deserve hell.
    This raises an interesting question. Which is more loathsome: prog-mos or ALUFs?

Discuss.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      This raises an interesting question. Which is more loathsome: prog-mos or ALUFs?

Discuss.
      Sounds like a great podcast topic

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Discuss.
        Progmos are the Himalayan Pink Salt of the earth.
        One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
        SU

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          Sounds like a great podcast topic
          Yes!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Discuss.
            ALUF is way worse, but especially a TBM ALUF. A TBM ALUF is someone who pounds doors, raises money and spends months campaigning for Prop8 then later mocks BYU because people hate the school because of LDS support of Prop8. That's as lauthsome as it gets.

ProgMo's aren't loathsome. They're sometimes annoying and pretentious, but they come from a good place. They're just not as cool as a JackMormon and a tad cooler than a TBM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              I am not shocked that you are offended.

I was thinking of you when I typed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

ALUF is way worse, but especially a TBM ALUF. A TBM ALUF is someone who pounds doors, raises money and spends months campaigning for Prop8 then later mocks BYU because people hate the school because of LDS support of Prop8. That's as lauthsome as it gets.
                Yep, that is despicable.

Comment

ProgMo's aren't loathsome. They're sometimes annoying and pretentious, but they come from a good place. They're just not as cool as a JackMormon and a tad cooler than a TBM.
                  it just doesn't make any sense to me. like, you sustain people you believe to be divinely inspired, whose judgment and guidance you trust enough to pledge lots of time and 10% of your increase, but when those people see fit to devote resources that could otherwise be devoted to other things like missionary work or feeding the poor, to byu because they believe it's a valuable way to move the work forward, they're not credible in that respect? sorry la ute, you don't get to have it both ways.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I'm not offended or shocked. People do that stuff all the time. Virgin Mary bongs, sexy nun Halloween costumes, etc. They're trying to be funny and it's harmless. I'll take the irreverent Mo-hating Ute fan over an ALUF any day. They at least have a consistent ethos. Much more respectable than someone who turns their back on the university owned, operated and maintained by their religion. That said, they both suck and deserve hell.
                    Nice.

Say what you want about the tenets of irreverent Mo-hating Ute fans, at least they have an ethos.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Discuss.
                      I don't get it.
                      Isn't 80% of this board prog-mo?

Maybe I don't know what the term means.
                      I intend to live forever.
                      So far, so good.
                      --Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
                        I don't get it.
                        Isn't 80% of this board prog-mo?

Maybe I don't know what the term means.
                        Approaching 100% rapidly. Hell, even Moliere has bought into "the scriptures are true, but not accurate" trope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          Approaching 100% rapidly. Hell, even Moliere has bought into "the scriptures are true, but not accurate" trope.
                          I will never be a prog-mo. In a way I hope they are successful though because any guilt I feel over not attending all my meetings, not holding a TR, etc. will go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                            I will never be a prog-mo. In a way I hope they are successful though because any guilt I feel over not attending all my meetings, not holding a TR, etc. will go away.
                            No one ever suspected you of prog-mo sympathies.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                              Uh, careful. That's how they get you. First you root for them to win, then exalt in their success at the expense of your own team, then you are attending games in their stadium because "they have a better atmosphere", then you don't renew your season tickets because of the crappy home schedule, then you have "issues" with the honor code, and BAM; before you know it, you are a prog-mo.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                                No one ever suspected you of prog-mo sympathies.
                                Ah c'mon. I am quite an empathetic guy with a lot of liberal views.

Comment

Working...
                                X