No announcement yet.

"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First women's vball and now boys tackle football?!?!?!?!? This aggression shall not stand.

Comment

• I didn't grow up immersed in the rivalry. Until I was 16, I probably only watched five BYU games, and my two years in Provo is the extent of my time lived in Utah.

But Twitter and satellite/cable have made the world of college sports much more accessible, and the rivalry is wearing me out.

Maybe it's just the whole 8-in-a-row thing, but I find myself wanting to throat punch both fan bases this summer.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        I didn't grow up immersed in the rivalry. Until I was 16, I probably only watched five BYU games, and my two years in Provo is the extent of my time lived in Utah.

But Twitter and satellite/cable have made the world of college sports much more accessible, and the rivalry is wearing me out.

Maybe it's just the whole 8-in-a-row thing, but I find myself wanting to throat punch both fan bases this summer.
        Once BYU gets a win and ends the streak, I think the puckered asses of both fan bases will relax a bit. There is just so much at stake for both sides right now. BYU fans want the streak to end, Utah fans want it to continue and throw it in BYU fan faces. But I agree that both fan bases are insufferable right now. I work with a bunch of Ute fans. Almost to a person, they see no scenario where BYU wins. To them, its a sure thing. After 8 in a row I don't blame them but it would be nice to get the win on the year they are getting all the national press hype.

Comment

• Utah Utes suck! BYU Cougars #1!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Utah Utes suck! BYU Cougars #1!!!!!

Comment

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Comment

I disagree with both statements.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                    The emojis that you have utilized in this post do not accurately reflect the current state of the Utah-BYU rivalry in football.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

"Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                        The emojis that you have utilized in this post do not accurately reflect the current state of the Utah-BYU rivalry in football.
                        The current state of the rivalry is that the two teams are scheduled to play in less than a month.

Maybe you are talking about the past state of the rivalry? Nobody really give a shit about that, funk.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          The current state of the rivalry is that the two teams are scheduled to play in less than a month.

Maybe you are talking about the past state of the rivalry? Nobody really give a shit about that, funk.
                          And the real BYU has not played the rivalry game since Max Hall graduated.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            What can I say, I am a prophet.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

I know I don't. It is like the last 10 years didn't even happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                                I know I don't. It is like the last 10 years didn't even happen.
                                Or maybe we're all a decade older and don't care as much about sports?

Comment

Working...
                                X