Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2346

Thread: "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Whit is 9-3 against BYU. Certainly doesn't hurt his chances for "tenure" as a coach.
    Yep. The fans love that. But I doubt the administration cares as much about that as Whittingham getting them into the PAC12. If he were to go 0-10 against BYU the next ten years, I don't think it would be grounds for firing him.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    as they should be. but the beauty of whittingham is that he is just good enough that his bosses will keep him on as long as he wants to be there.
    Gobbledygook. Whittingham is no savior, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that the next coach doesn't have the 9 and 10 win seasons on the regular.

If you need more prove of this, pay attention to your own team!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Gobbledygook. Whittingham is no savior, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that the next coach doesn't have the 9 and 10 win seasons on the regular.

If you need more prove of this, pay attention to your own team!
    agreed since we have the same advantages and disadvantages in recruiting and in the hiring of coaches.

also, to be fair, you are probably right on your first point. but as a byu fan, the chance of urban jr walking through that door is a risk i don't want to take! because the next time around with PAC12 money, he might not use the UoU as a stepping stone.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

agreed since we have the same advantages and disadvantages in recruiting and in the hiring of coaches.

also, to be fair, you are probably right on your first point. but as a byu fan, the chance of urban jr walking through that door is a risk i don't want to take! because the next time around with PAC12 money, he might not use the UoU as a stepping stone.
    Haha. You should hang out with LAUte more. You guys think alike.

Gobbledygook.
    That's a funny thing to say.

Haha. You should hang out with LAUte more. You guys think alike.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

The newspaper says they're running my piece on the Oklahoma-Texas rivalry tomorrow, but only after it's been "reworked" by a 27-year-old copyeditor. This will not end well.

I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    The newspaper says they're running my piece on the Oklahoma-Texas rivalry tomorrow, but only after it's been "reworked" by a 27-year-old copyeditor. This will not end well.
    Yeah, but he's been in the newspaper industry for at least 5 years, so he knows pretty much everything.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Yeah, but he's been in the newspaper industry for at least 5 years, so he knows pretty much everything.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

I love this little girl so much.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I think he's a little boy.

Good kid. Saved his parents a lot of heartache.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Oh no! Where's the go fund me to have this couple's season tickets comped (as you know that's the angle here)? I'm sure if they scale back to just a couple cartons of Marlboro Reds a month and don't go top shelf on the Wendover AMFs they'll be able to catch the BYU game in November.

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    Oh no! Where's the go fund me to have this couple's season tickets comped (as you know that's the angle here)? I'm sure if they scale back to just a couple cartons of Marlboro Reds a month and don't go top shelf on the Wendover AMFs they'll be able to catch the BYU game in November.
    You guys are so brutish! Fist of all JL resorts to the classic cougar putdown of questioning one's gender (such a 1960s-worldview diss) and then HBC engages in social status shaming!

But fear not! The US govt. to the rescue! The Man is willing to replace the money, once they can verify the amount. So everyone wins: @benbelnap gets his season tix (uh, don't pay for the two home games that have already happened), the little boy enjoys his fifteen minutes of fame, and the government cleans everything up and it is cost free (except for the admin time). YEAH America!

(uh, don't pay for the two home games that have already happened)
    Yeah . . . that's where the story didn't quite add up. Saving money for season tix but they still have the money a month into the season?

is it possible they were saving for next year?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

is it possible they were saving for next year?
    Possibly. That would make sense since that will be our Rose Bowl season.

Possibly. That would make sense since that will be our Rose Bowl season.
    to all those who say applejack is a dumb mouth breathing illiterate piece of white trash shit who should leave this fair chat blog never to return, i submit this pretty funny post

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    to all those who say applejack is a dumb mouth breathing illiterate piece of white trash shit who should leave this fair chat blog never to return, i submit this pretty funny post
    thanks
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Yeah . . . that's where the story didn't quite add up. Saving money for season tix but they still have the money a month into the season?
    You guys. Mom already bought the tickets. These dummies are behind on their payments to Mom.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

I have said that many times, but I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    I have said that many times, but I agree.
    i think he just needs a fair shot

I’m not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    I’m not going anywhere.
    its just a single data point in an entire sea of other shit data points, conclude how you want

You guys are so brutish! Fist of all JL resorts to the classic cougar putdown of questioning one's gender (such a 1960s-worldview diss) and then HBC engages in social status shaming!

But fear not! The US govt. to the rescue! The Man is willing to replace the money, once they can verify the amount. So everyone wins: @benbelnap gets his season tix (uh, don't pay for the two home games that have already happened), the little boy enjoys his fifteen minutes of fame, and the government cleans everything up and it is cost free (except for the admin time). YEAH America!

Hey I am not sure you are the right poster to police gender confusion!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Hey I am not sure you are the right poster to police gender confusion!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Happy Trails, Mike! I'd say we hardly knew you, but in reality you overstayed your welcome by at least a decade.

I can't tell you how much I love that the media's "Texas is back" mantra started not after the Longhorns embarrassed USC in a 23-point rout, but only after they eked past Oklahoma with a last-second field goal. Membership has its privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Happy Trails, Mike! I'd say we hardly knew you, but in reality you overstayed your welcome by at least a decade.

I can't tell you how much I love that the media's "Texas is back" mantra started not after the Longhorns embarrassed USC in a 23-point rout, but only after they eked past Oklahoma with a last-second field goal. Membership has its privileges.
    The usc win was too soon after the Maryland loss.

The usc win was too soon after the Maryland loss.
    I think it has more to do with the fact that USC had only managed 3 points on Stanford the previous weekend.